Droid saying "droid"

MontyMo

Reaction score
Hey Jim #777,

What widget are you using for volume on the top of the 2nd screen from the left?
volumnwidget.PNG

Thanks
Monty

That's a skinned version of Audio Manager, I believe, available with the paid version of the app.

Thanks. I found it!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a dumb question but what is going on with the Droid when I hear it say "droid". It does this periodically when the Droid is turned on. I guess it's trying to notify me of something - but what?

It's letting you know what phone runs circles around the iphone.

:)

I have mine set so it says "Droid" for txts and another tone for emails. I make my own ring tones for various uses as well. Download a zip full of some of the ones I made here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-ringtones/18694-some-home-made-ring-tones.html

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
OT, but my wife and I both have Droids. To make some kind of audible differentiation between the two, I extracted the "Droid" WAV, ran it through an audio editor and pitch shifted it up an octave (called the file Droid-ette). Now, when they are sitting in the chargers in the other room and the notifications start coming in, it sounds like they are having a conversation:

DROID!
Droid
Droid
DROID!

Mind sharing the up octave one? I got your .ogg of the normal octave one. THANKS!

GZ20TT

Reaction score
Here it is droid.ogg
Droid actually uses .ogg not .WAV as the previous poster said . If you are rooted and have rootexplorer you can put it directly in /system/media/audio/notifications , if not use your notification folder on the SDCard

Thankyou very much. :)
I haven't reinstalled root since the 2.1 OTA - so it's living happily on the SD card in my notifications folder.

I'm still debating whether to re-root - but the talk of custom boot animations has got me thinking of doing it.