Droid saying "droid"

wakapapa

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a dumb question but what is going on with the Droid when I hear it say "droid". It does this periodically when the Droid is turned on. I guess it's trying to notify me of something - but what?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the standard notification. When it turns on, it does it to let you know that it's booted the phone and mounted the SD card successfully. If you want it to stop, then you need to change your "default notification" in the sound settings.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And in each app such as SMS, Gmail, GTalk... you can edit settings to change what notification sound it uses... Some even let you change the LED blinking color. Very nice so you know if you got a new email or chat.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
missed call (on the market) will let you change the notification sounds of most features

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
missed call (on the market) will let you change the notification sounds of most features

You don't really need an app to change sound notifications. You can do it in your settings.

Now you might need one for individual contact notifications.....:)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just lonely and really wants to hear your voice back. When you hear it, just say your name back to it.

A needed droid is a happy droid. :D

EbE404

Reaction score
OT, but my wife and I both have Droids. To make some kind of audible differentiation between the two, I extracted the "Droid" WAV, ran it through an audio editor and pitch shifted it up an octave (called the file Droid-ette). Now, when they are sitting in the chargers in the other room and the notifications start coming in, it sounds like they are having a conversation:

DROID!
Droid
Droid
DROID!

Last edited:

MontyMo

Reaction score
Hey Jim #777,

What widget are you using for volume on the top of the 2nd screen from the left?
volumnwidget.PNG

Thanks
Monty

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a dumb question but what is going on with the Droid when I hear it say "droid". It does this periodically when the Droid is turned on. I guess it's trying to notify me of something - but what?
Keep an eye on the notification bar. It does this once the SD Card is prepared for use. I think it may do this once on startup during the animation as well...

GZ20TT

Reaction score
OT, but my wife and I both have Droids. To make some kind of audible differentiation between the two, I extracted the "Droid" WAV, ran it through an audio editor and pitch shifted it up an octave (called the file Droid-ette). Now, when they are sitting in the chargers in the other room and the notifications start coming in, it sounds like they are having a conversation:

DROID!
Droid
Droid
DROID!

Any chance of sharing?
I'm a poor, poor Milestone owner and I'd love it to be able to Droid-it-up for notifications.

Cheers

Frankie

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Here it is droid.ogg
Droid actually uses .ogg not .WAV as the previous poster said . If you are rooted and have rootexplorer you can put it directly in /system/media/audio/notifications , if not use your notification folder on the SDCard

Last edited: