DROID saves the day

bacalao

Reaction score
Also from the bay region (Brandon). Great to hear that others in my area are loving and making use of this sweet device!
Last weekend I went out to celebrate a bday party in clearwater. I'm unfamiliar with the area and I was running late, I simply held the search, said navigate to arigato japanese in clearwater and bam, had voice gps leading the way. Same night we wanted to go to a martini bar for after party, we drove circles around clearwater in our convoy, I voice searched with navigate to and I lead the way thanks to droid's google maps! Thank you google

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
That would be a huge issue - the Droid and many of the apps I have installed on it are VERY location aware and need the GPS for a quick fix.

Sounds like there is a VZW Database of subscribers and a Alltel database of subscribers and they have not fully merged in reguards to all the features like GPS and the PRL that tells the phones how and where to look.

Have them cancel your account and create a new one, it would be a VZW, dunno if it would create a problem moving the phone number(s) around.

I'll ask the wife tonite.....will probobly get a blank stare :icon_eek:

spalding12

Reaction score
That would be a huge issue - the Droid and many of the apps I have installed on it are VERY location aware and need the GPS for a quick fix.

Sounds like there is a VZW Database of subscribers and a Alltel database of subscribers and they have not fully merged in reguards to all the features like GPS and the PRL that tells the phones how and where to look.

Have them cancel your account and create a new one, it would be a VZW, dunno if it would create a problem moving the phone number(s) around.

I'll ask the wife tonite.....will probobly get a blank stare :icon_eek:

you are correct in this assumption
almost every app i want and need completely depends upon ACCURATE GPS LOCALIZATION to be effective

i am being changed over to a verizon account tomorrow
while keeping my same phone number
i'll let you know how it goes

i'm CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

glennj

Reaction score
Regarding TheShaz' original vignette, that would make a splendid installment for if there were ever a from-the-trenches "Droid Does" commercial outlining.....well.....just what the Droid can do.