1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid sales? How are we looking?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by wil318466, Dec 24, 2009.

1. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

How many droids have been sold? Is it massively popular, or is it a niche market? I'm curious because the downstream effects are important (more apps, more support, etc) to us as users.

I've noticed everywhere I look and read about apple/iphone the droid is mentioned. It seems as if this comparison is neverending. Personally, I try not to compare the two when people stop me and ask me questions about the phone. They are different, and I'm glad they are.

But it seems to me the iPhone users are a bit paranoid, like the droid is a serious contender (which, in all honesty, it is), even if they won't come out and say it.

As a side note, everyone who's seen my phone has always asked a question about it. "What is that? Can I see it?" "Hey, that's a nice phone", etc etc.

So, as I said.. anyone have any info on what droid sales have been?

-Wil
  2. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Like has been stated in other threads, figures were said to be estimated at over a million by the holiday season...just in the United States.

But sheep mentalities are never a good thing. I could care less if 1 million are sold or 20 thousand, I just want something that I like and that is of good quality.

You are right sales figures can impact development but there are other Android devices that need to be depended on too on other carriers. One thing for sure is that Moto Droid is the leading Android device on all carriers though.

Ironically the Nexus/Google won't even come close due to it being limited to T-Mobile and EDGE [not 3G] on AT&T...this is one of the reasons why Google has employed an "Invite Only" sales strategy to the phone before T-Mobile is the only carrier selling it. It is a cover-up to the media incase reports said the phone is not selling well [now there is a built-in excuse], but that is irrelevant. Like I said, quality matters and it should not matter how many devices are sold to the consumer.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Ahh.. the nexus phone won't be on Verizon, eh? Thats ok. When I first saw it I was thinking I should get that.. but if its not on Verizon, well, then its not an option for me.

Besides, I love this thing.

-Wil
  4. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

Well the iphone/Droid compairson has ran its course and now its the google phone/Droid the fun never stops:)
  5. Droids

Droids New Member

Diehard fanboi's will continue to dismiss the Droid as inferior to the iPhone, but in many people's opinion it's a step up from the iPhone. The real paranoia is coming about because Android 2.0 and 2.1 are getting a lot of attention because of the Droid, and if the Droid isn't an iPhone killer, well a lot of Android based phones coming out in early 2010 running 2.1 and the iPhone finally has serious competition. No doubt that Apple is sweating it right about now, they need a huge update to iPhone #4 to keep people from bailing. And AT&T's decision to put off rolling out 4g when Verizon is doing the opposite is going to hurt iPhone sales no matter how good #4 is.

But yeah, I think the Droid will hit the million sale mark by year end.