Droid RZr Bakup and Restore question for a Noob

Knagy88

Reaction score
Ok, never rooted my Droid Razr before and am only interested for one reason.

I recently took my phone in because my headphone jack wasn't working anymore, and they are sending me a new one and I'll send the old one in. This has happened before, and last time I just redownlaoded my apps. I could do it again, but hate losing all the progress and settings in apps.

So questions is....
1. using Titanium backup (or something), can you back up app data and settings like saved progress in games?

2. If so i'll have to root my phone, download the app, back it up, unroot the phone and send it it. I need it unrooted to stock obciously so they don't void that warranty deal.

3.The with the new phone, I would actually like to root it, restore my goodies, but then unroot because i have no interest in keeping a root at the point. And if I do that, will i be able to unroot it wihtout resetting the phone?

4. And finally, lets say somehting happens to the new, unrooted phone, is it traceable that it was rooted at some point if you don't completely reset the phone?

...yeah lots of noob questions i'm sure. But if its doable i'll give it a try, otherwise i'll just take the loss.

ANyhelp would be great!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can try to help you with some of these questions.

First of all if you are going to root and unroot I would use Matt's Razr Utility in the stick of this thread. It will be the easiest and fastest way to do both parts of the process, and it will fully remove all traces of the rooting from your phone upon unroot.

As far as Titanium Backup goes I am not sure what all it backs up when one is run. I know it will backup the APK's of your APPs, but I am not sure on the progress of saved games like you are wanting. If they actually place a save file on your SD card be it internal or external then you "should" be able to keep that.

So for backing up maybe test a few of your APPs and see if it does do the backup you are wanting. For the rooting I would not worry about them being able to tell if it was done or not, because the unrooting removes the superuser and other files it puts on during the rooting process.

I hoped any of this helped you, if not maybe someone smarter that utilizes TiBu more can help. I just re-download everything each time I need to swap phones or do a factory reset.

OP
K

Knagy88

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, I'll test it out and see what happens!