Droid running at 1GHz

bdr0023

Reaction score
I will try that, but that's annoying man if I have to change my clocking every time I wanna see a video... AdamZ kernels good? I never tried any of them.
I'm using the 1.1 kernel that came with smoked glass 6.0 and it's been great, also heard good things about his low voltage kernels as well, but I've been happy with what I've got, no reason to change now. And no problems with video either since I've been running it. Couldn't get through youtube or videos from my sdcard without errors before.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been running 1.2GHz since the first 1.2GHz kernel came out. Now, I am running my own 1.2GHz kernel. Not a single problem at all after a couple of months. I think you're safe, if it's not stable you will know it. Lots of random FCs, graphical artifacts, random reboots, and random lockups are all signs that point to stability issues.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I've been running at 1.5ghz (my own custom kernel) for over a month with not one single problem.

bacalao

Reaction score
Well, isn't the CPU a bunch of gears? Lol.

My guess is that even if it did shorten the life, you won't have the phone long enough to know for sure. Your battery will probably go out first.

bacalao

Reaction score
I've pushing 1.2 GHz for a month and a half and all good. Very rare that I get that youtube play back issue.