Droid Rooting and 2.2 Concern

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Chainspike, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Chainspike

Chainspike New Member

Hi,

I am new to the forums. I have a droid incredible that I have rooted recently. It works great and I use it to wireless tether my laptop to my phone at work.
    My concern is that the update 2.2 went out and it will mess with my root/wireless tether if I install the update. Is this true? or will it have no effect at all? I would like to update but I weary since I really don't want to lose the wireless tether function. Thank you for your time and concern.
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum Chainspike! I'm not sure how to answer your question because I don't have the Incredible. I'm sure someone will come along to help you eventually. Happy droiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddding! :D
  3. Stoney0102

Stoney0102 New Member

Are you running a custom recovery like SPRecovery or Clockwork? As far as I know SPR should block the update like it did for the D1's.
  4. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    As I understand the rooting process and what is involved, rooting is basically the same between all devices (the actual steps to follow may differ). Therefore, if you have an alternate recovery installed (SPR or ClockworkMod) then that will block the OTA. Meaning that you may get the OTA notification but when you install it, it will fail and then go away. You will not loose root and it will not mess with your settings.