1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid root problem + warning

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by s0bek, Feb 2, 2010.

1. s0bek

s0bek New Member

Not sure how it happend but my droids pretty messed up at the moment, i was smooth sailing then all of a sudden bam, it happens

Droid is reboot looping as soon as it hits the lock screen

did a small backup of just system and boot but that did not solve the problem :icon_evil: so a full restore to before adding the rom was required

heres what iv done so far
    -smoked glass rom
    -disable OTA updates
    -clock to 800mhz with setcpu

now what i might have done to cause this
    -update xscope, batteryleft, and or setcpu
    -check voicemail in an area with no service?
    -doing a recalibration of batteryleft (while having other battery app widgets running? im battery life paranoid)

thats where it all happend, luckly i had a nandroid backup and it seemed to have done the trick:icon_ banana:

BACK UP YOUR PHONES! warning from a guy that almost pissed himself!

by the way, hello droidforums!
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

It's not just you... some program or something must have updated because I have had NO problems until tonight... It all started with NOT being able to do a simple "mount" command in the shell... downhill from there...

I'm running stock 2.0.1 but with the same programs... was trying to do some things in the adb shell today and getting all sorts of problems... went to reboot and NOTHING after the moto logo... Used nandroid to restore, booted fine... reinstalled those programs and tried to reinstall busybox (which somehow disappeared) and upon sending the reboot command... NOTHING... same thing, stuck after the moto logo... nanodroid restored again... installed everything execpt setcpu and am about to see what happens, will update in a bit.
  3. s0bek

s0bek New Member

yeah i love root+overclock so of course im giving it another go, however im running into a bunch of quirks and new errors iv never seen before, if this keeps up i wont have the courage to continue rooting

also is there a way to start fresh? such as doing a factory reset?
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yeah, same here, I don't know what's going on but all of a sudden my Droid is def acting up... even permissions in the shell seem to messing up.....

Yeah, you can flash the stock ROM and start from scratch but, technically it doesn't matter as flashing any ROM should overwrite all the info... I think it's got to be something with one of the programs, I just restored and did NOT install SetCPU, going to see if there's any difference.
  5. s0bek

s0bek New Member

if you think its a program try leaving out batteryleft and xscope if you have those, i dunno!
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Nope, it was SetCPU???
    Upon restore I reinstalled xScope and a few others, but left SetCPU off... everything went fine. I ran some scripts via the shell, reinstalled busybox and made the changes I was additionally trying to do and it reboots and running smoooooth (previous install with SetCPU was NOT smooth)... Have restarted several times (as well as created a backup) but it's looking like SetCPU was the problem for some reason... did they release an update today??? I don't remember updating it but then I don't really keep track.

Ah, yes they updated it on 2/2... so some point yesterday... that seems to be the culprit.
  7. s0bek

s0bek New Member

maybe i should have restored the data for smokedglass to try and get rid of setcpu? ill try that now

also i guess that means i shoudnt reinstall setcpu until thats fixed eh?
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I just posted on the developers XDA page. If your registered there you might want to update him as well (so I don't look like the lone problem).
    SetCPU for Root Users [UPDATE 1.4.5 Auto] 02/02/2010 - xda-developers
  9. s0bek

s0bek New Member

yeah ill do that

I guess setcpu was the problem, and it seems all i had to do was recover the data along with system and boot on a clean smoked glass rom
  10. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 New Member

Thanks for the heads up! Read this while I was checking the market! I was about update! I hadn't done a backup for acouple days and would have lost alot!

Edit: Just updated. No problems so far. Will see what tomorrow brings.
Search tags for this page

android warning screen

droid eris warning screen

motorolla droidx warning screen