droid root for sale on craigslist?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by killuhjason, Apr 5, 2010.

1. killuhjason

killuhjason Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know about you guys, but do you see something wrong with people offering to root and flash your droid with custom roms (they did not make, that are free) for $40?

then charging an extra $5 for EACH "add-on"? (add-ons I.E. = wifi teather, OCing kernels, 2.1 gallery etc)

anyone else find this wrong?

2. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some people are stupid killuh...

3. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some people just dont have the time or technical ability to root their droid but they want a sweet looking modded droid. Or they just flat out dont care about the process and just want it done.

Before I got my droid I was modding xboxes and xbox360s and people offer their services like this all the time, its no different. When I first started with the original xboxes I modded my roommates xboxes and charged them like $10 for the initial mod and about $40 to install an 80gb hdd ($30 for the HDD and $10 for the time). I killed my 360 since I suck at soldering and would gladly pay for someone to do it for me this time, but then again rooting the droid is ALOT easier than JTAGing an xbox360 lol

4. Dandroid247

Dandroid247 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i see it no differently than best buy trying to sell you a mac optimization package for $40 or syncing your 3d glasses lmao for as part of a $140 or whatever it was package. Even though its completely ridiculous and unnecessary people will still fall for it.

I dunno as I would call them stupid, even though some are, i think some would just rather pay somebody to do it as opposed to spending the time searching forums and what not to do it themselves. Kind of like how I know how to change the oil in my car I just hate fooling with it so I pay express to do it for me. :)

5. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yea some people just don't want to deal with it themselves. Its like taking your car to a mechanic. Most of us do it because we don't know enough about the car to handle that stuff ourselves. But the people that do know about it handle it themselves. We just happen to be in the informed demographic in regards to our phone, but the vast majority of droid users have no idea how anything on their phone works.

6. killuhjason

killuhjason Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not really comparable to the 360 stuff, thats hardware related...root, update.zip, then buy rommanager and their basically done...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with both of you guys. I remember seeing something on Toms Hardware that best buy has a service that just removes bloatware and activates windows for you and sets up your email and its like $30-40. For most people it's a retarded idea but for someone thats technologically retarded it may be a god send.

Three of my friends have droid and had no idea that you could mod it, and theyre not computer illiterate (one guy is in my IT programming class and the other I work with at the computer lab on campus). Ive seen alot of people with droids and I guarantee none of them are modded.

agreed, but the original xbox is more on par with modding the droid since all you had to do is splice a usb port into the controller port and load a hacked game save which opens a back door and after that its just pressing buttons.

#7 brando56894, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  8. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see a problem with this at all. Someone is taking the initiative to make a few bucks on rooting someones Droid who is either incapable or lacks the confidence or knowledge to do so.

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I have a woman that wants me to set her up on her Droid and pay me as well : )

She doesn't want root access. She just wants me to get her phone set up and learn to use it to it's fullest capabilities.

10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    *shrug*

I helped a member on here a few days ago.

Remotely:

I setup adb with the path set, Installed drivers for his Droid to use adb, rooted his Droid, and installed UD.

Plus I showed him how to make nandroid backups, install others roms, and revert back to a previous backup.

I didn't charge a dime.

11. RoLa

RoLa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's because you're a good egg adrynalyne:)

12. toastedoats

toastedoats Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lots of people charge for lots of services that are "easy to do"

I dont see anything wrong with charging someone for any service

Search tags for this page
android root service craigslist los angeles
craigslist rooting

droid x2 phone verzion with page plus hook up for sale

rooted droid x for sale