Droid rom links

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by cystic, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a list of current roms available for the Motorola Droid. The list is for reference only and I take no responsibility what you do with this information. If you choose to install any of these roms you take full responsibility if you break/brick your droid.

Also... These roms are under constant development and the links are added for your convenience, however links change over time and new threads popup with newer versions which could render these links obsolete over time. It is always a good idea to look for a newer version of the rom you choose to install.

Warning! - Before installing any of these roms make sure you have rooted and installed the latest version of SPRecovery:
    How to install root / SPRecovery

I don't really have time to keep this list updated constantly so if anyone wants to take this list over let one of the mods know.
    -------------------------------------

2.0.1 Base:

DroidMod

Bugless Beast (Android 2.0.1)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/23872-red-rocket-rom-v-1-a.html

Smoked Glass

bl33dz rom v2

2.1 Based:

Simply Stunning

Bugless Beast (Android 2.1)

Ultimate Droid ROM

Cow ROM

AllDroid Community ROM

Nexus Droid

Expiremental:

Mr.Milestone Meet Droid V.1 SD / GPS / Sound fixed..

Espresso For Droid... Very Alpha.!

Sense 2.1 meet Mr. Droid

Virgin Roms:

Clean 2.0.1 with root/busybox

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/15766-how-back-stock-2-0-1-easy-way.html

This is a Script/App that has all the tools you would need to make your own rom. This is for extremely advanced users and can really mess up your phone if you dont know what you are doing.
    xUltimate v1.1.1

-------------------------------------

Credit goes out to many developers for providing us these custom roms. If you download a rom and like it, most of the developers have a donate link where you can give back.

Please take any support issues to their respective threads. Providing support here would get very messy with all the different types of roms listed. Also, search the forums to see if anyone else has had the same problem before you post, most of the time your question has already been answered.

Other than that feel free to post here with information on new or updated roms that aren't included yet in the list or discuss/debate/compare roms.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. schnyd

schnyd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what I'm looking for. We should Sticky this.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will try to keep these up to date as much as possible, so feel free to let me know of any broken links or outdated information.

4. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this should be a sticky x2 on it

-=Jason=-

5. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    maybe include the root update.zip in that list? I see it asked for a lot as well...

6. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i added the whole sholes installation tutorial... that should get people in the right direction.

7. hooblah2u2

hooblah2u2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Both the Sholes 1.2 and Bugless Beauty after install won't boot up. I get the boot animations and then black screen (turned off). Anyone know of a remedy?

Thank you!

8. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry you are having difficulties, however this isn't a support thread. Providing support here would get very messy with all the different types of roms listed. I would suggest searching the forums to see if anyone else had the same problem and what they did to resolve it. If you can't find anything I would urge you to post your issue in the support thread relating to the rom you are having a problem with.

9. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe we can turn this into a debate thread on all of these popular ROMs? The thread will still have all those helpful links but we can also discuss which ones are better, outweigh the pros and cons of all of them, and how each one could benefit you personal droid experience...

10. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe add the virgin ROM that puts you back to 2.01 with no root, busybox etc.

11. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was kind of thinking that too.. I usually use sholes.info.. however recently I have been liking Bugless Beast..

Good idea... its added!

12. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the sholes 1.2 and I really enjoyed it. Especially all the options it gives you. But then I decided to try out the Bugless Beauty 0.8.3, and Ive kept it installed ever since. It is truly a keeper in my book, sholes was nice dont get me wrong, but all the black modifications in Beauty, is really hittin it for me. That's right up my alley, and even before I overclocked this ROM, it was truly the most smoothest ROM ive ever got to use. Ive heard people saying that the Beast ROM was about the same way so, Id say their similar.

13. cystic

cystic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, I was looking for a rom with the new wifi tether and 1ghz built in when i found bugless beast. Tried it out and liked it so I over clocked it a little more to my needs and loving it. I clock it back to 550mhz when i am wifi tethering because it gets a little warm.

14. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great list. thanks a bunch for putting it all in one place. i hope this stays updated as new ones come out

15. fredcanfly

fredcanfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!!!

I registered here just to say that this list is great!!! Keep up the amazing work! I have been looking for one of these for a long time. I am wondering, however, where do you go to get support for Geek 35T's 2.1? Everywhere I have been, there has only been a download. I guess I am not so much interested in support, as I am interested in reporting bugs so he can make his product better (and to donate, as this is a great release). If there is none, just let me know. Thanks again to everyone -- you are the ones making Android great!

Search tags for this page
altonus rom for og droid
droid x2 links and roms
droid x2 links: roms
list of droid 3 roms

motorola droid rom list

motorola droid roms list

super droid rom list