Droid ROM install and 3g uncapping help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by darksideflux, Jul 2, 2011.

1. darksideflux

darksideflux New Member

dancedroid Whew. Ok, well, I am new to rooting and such and also new to smartphones in general. First, I must explain what I am attempting to achieve by modding and rooting my droid x.

I am trying to use my droid as a modem for an xbox 360. I have already rooted my phone with z4root. I am using barnacle wifi tether in order to connect the 360 slim to a wireless WAN. I am able to connect online; however, I would like to get a better speed, so after spending all day going though threads online, I have found a possible solution. Due to the fact that I am new to this I am at a loss with all the jargon and apps. It appears that by setting up a new ROM I will be able to get into the system root files to modify the throttle lock on the phone. This is all in theory, of course, from what I have located. All the tutorials I have looked into do not give enough info to fully understand and use their methods. Currently on my phone, I have an installed PDAnet which i am using for wired internet on my PC. (I do not have internet at my residence currently.) It also seems I am having issues downloading some files online, maybe due to timeout or something, but I cannot be sure. As you can guess, this is getting pretty frustrating. I am also running ROM manager. I am at the point where I cannot go any further in what I am attempting to do unless I get assistance. Also, Youtube seems fairly useless in this particular issue and variations of this issue.

So in short, I ask that someone please assist me with this and be as detailed as you can to clear up any miscommunication. Please use and/or explain any jargon that you use.

Thank you for any posts that you make in response. I will be looking into this thread for posts.

Also. I am currently running The default android and did a Factory Data Reset.It is Android Version 2.2.1.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
Search tags for this page

3g uncap

android uncap 3g
como fazer uncap na internet do android
how to uncap 3g android
how to uncap fup from android
hspa uncap root
root android uncap 3g

uncap 3g android

uncap 3g speed hack

uncap internet android