Droid ROM flash

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hai916, Jan 20, 2011.

1. hai916

hai916 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright so I have a droid 1 rooted on 2.2.1 running the buglessbeast rom. Anyways everytime I slide the keyboard the apps disappears for about 10 seconds then comes back. Same thing when I click the home button. I have downloaded some games but moved them to the SDcard. Should I flash a new rom? Btw my droid is flashed to metro. Will it get unflashed if I flash a new rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, its the dreaded homescreen lag that youre experiencing. Theres a few things you can do to remedy the situation: Overclock, run a custom launcher (I suggest ADW launcher EX), limit your number of screens and/or widgets, screw around with the advanced memory settings in the launchers, or apply the homescreen hack (search for it). I'd suggest using them all for the best results.

Its caused by the droid kicking the launcher app out of RAM to make room for other apps.

3. hai916

hai916 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply . Yeah its been overclocked min 500 and max 800 yet it still freezes up. How do I run a custom launcher? And how do I limit the number of screens and widgets?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

flash rom droid x

motorola droidx2 rom flashing
motorola rom flash