droid reviews please

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i am wanting a smart phone and thinking about getting the droid. can ya'll please give me your reviews on these smart phones and which ones ya'll like better. i really like the original droid because my husband has it and i have played with his but i hadn't touched any of the other ones but i will go to verizon one day this week and play with them. i know i have heard the droid x is big so not sure about getting that one. i want which ever one is the smallest ha. well thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is my first real smartphone and i love every second of it.

It's customizable, with it's stock OS or if you use a ROM, which just opens a whole bunch of new doors for the phone (overclocking, themes, etc).

I messed around with the Droid X for a bit and an Incredible. Both are definitely snappier than the original Droid, but that could easily be matched by overclocking. Although the original Droid is at the end of its lifecycle, ROMs will keep coming and so will support from developers.

The Droid is basically the only "open" Android OS phone out there, without any HTC Sense or Motoblur. N1 was the other one, but that's also been discontinued.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
This is my first real smartphone and i love every second of it.

It's customizable, with it's stock OS or if you use a ROM, which just opens a whole bunch of new doors for the phone (overclocking, themes, etc).

I messed around with the Droid X for a bit and an Incredible. Both are definitely snappier than the original Droid, but that could easily be matched by overclocking. Although the original Droid is at the end of its lifecycle, ROMs will keep coming and so will support from developers.

The Droid is basically the only "open" Android OS phone out there, without any HTC Sense or Motoblur. N1 was the other one, but that's also been discontinued.[/QUO

kool that sounds like my type of phone! ha!

so by your answer i am guessing i should get this phone...ha. i will play around with my husbands more and more and see...lol. but i believe i will come to like the droid. thanks for the advice and info.

dragozoid

Reaction score
Do not get the original Droid unless price is an issue. The phone is running 1-year old tech and is being discontinued.

If you want a hardware keyboard Droid, wait till 8/12 for the Droid 2. If you want a full touchscreen Droid, get the X unless size is an issue then get the Incredible.

beckx020

Reaction score
I came from an extremely stupid phone. I just love my droid. I contemplated many of the smart phones and finally settled on it. There's an app for almost anything that can be done with the phone.

There are pros and cons to any phone. Get the one with the keyboard and size that you like most. Check to be sure it will run the apps you really want.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Do not get the original Droid unless price is an issue. The phone is running 1-year old tech and is being discontinued.

If you want a hardware keyboard Droid, wait till 8/12 for the Droid 2. If you want a full touchscreen Droid, get the X unless size is an issue then get the Incredible.

ok thanks. yeah i won't get a new phone until the 15th of next month so that one should be out by then. thanks so much! does the droid 2 have the touchscreen too?

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
I came from an extremely stupid phone. I just love my droid. I contemplated many of the smart phones and finally settled on it. There's an app for almost anything that can be done with the phone.

There are pros and cons to any phone. Get the one with the keyboard and size that you like most. Check to be sure it will run the apps you really want.

ok thanks for the info!