Droid return and search keys dead

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Mysfit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mysfit

Mysfit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just all of a sudden the return and search keys on touch screen seem to have gone dead. Lower left and right. Every thing else seems fine. Any one had this issue.
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes. My husband's Droid, all bottom keys (return, menu, home, search) all died and were unresponsive. I took his Droid back into Verizon and they gave him a refurbished using the Manufacturer's one year warranty. However, if you have it rooted, unroot it before taking it in. Also, check to see when you got your Droid because the warranty is only for one year. Those of us that got our Droids on release day are now out of warranty.
  3. RobertLParrish

RobertLParrish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, my son smashed the glass on his droid so I decided to try and fix it myself since it's out of warranty. Everything worked before I replaced the glass. I found a screen on ebay for $30. Got everything back together and the touch screen glass and phone work. But I am perplexed by an issue with the buttons across the bottom of the glass. Though the buttons work in apps like the internet browser and messaging, they will not work with the system. I've reset hte factory settings, reinstalled the operating system, cleared the cache, reset the phone again, still no remedy. Any ideas?