Droid replacment question

rungesco

Reaction score
My droid has stoped working not from damage. i belive the screen went out. but it is rooted verizon said they will send me a new phone under warranty. will they be able to tell or is they a way i can un root the phone without the screen working?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Rooting a Droid is legal now, so they can't say "No" because of it.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Rooting a Droid is legal now, so they can't say "No" because of it.

It was always legal, it is yours. A clarification of law is simply that, to clarify what is already true. Also, legal and against policy are 2 different things. They can still deny a warranty claim for rooting.

Answer: You'll be fine. They will not know. They would have to reflash their own software over your root to be able to see the phone (if it is a software issue). If it is a hardware issue then you still have nothing to worry about, even more so.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
i had the same issue. my backlight went out on my rooted droid. i spent a couple hours with a flashlight to see the screen (barely) and went through the steps you can find here on this forum to un-root and bring it back to stock 2.1. it helped for piece of mind :)

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You dont need your screen at all to restore your phone to stock... Use RSDlite and the stock image file. Search the forum for it, easy fix. Oh... and better safe then sorry, I would flash it.

Reaction score
I had the screen go out on my droid, I just flashed back to 2.0.1 using rsdlite (easy to do this blind) and left it. Even if they fixed the screen they would have no proof of rooting, just that I somehow did a screen-free factory reset and never took the 2.1 ota update.

My third replacement with a bad camera, however, I flashed with rsd and then force-updated to 2.1 using the old official ota update.zip file. Worked great.

Droid number 4 seems to be going strong (knock on wood)!

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I had the screen go out on my droid, I just flashed back to 2.0.1 using rsdlite (easy to do this blind) and left it. Even if they fixed the screen they would have no proof of rooting, just that I somehow did a screen-free factory reset and never took the 2.1 ota update.

My third replacement with a bad camera, however, I flashed with rsd and then force-updated to 2.1 using the old official ota update.zip file. Worked great.

I feel your pain, my 4th one is in the mail as we speak... :icon_evil:

neccoguy21

Reaction score

I feel your pain, my 4th one is in the mail as we speak... :icon_evil:

Cheer up gents... getting a bad string of droids at this particular time may net you a droid x... i played with one today... made me forget what rooting ment for a while... damn i want a droid x thats not locked down!