Droid Replacement Under Warranty

Tip14

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. I'm sending my original Droid 1 in for a warranty claim because the power / unlock button doesn't work anymore. Before I said yes to the claim I asked the rep if I would get another original Droid in the mail. The rep told me he was unsure and it depends on the warehouse and if they have any left... I for one love my OG Droid and don't want a Droid 2 or DINC etc. So does anyone know if they are still sending out OG Droid's anymore?

pdohr33

Reaction score
I just got my replacement last week. OG Droid, had it rooted within an hour of getting it :)

OP
T

Tip14

Reaction score
Alright well sounds like I'm getting a OG Droid again! I can rest easy tonight lol. I will say the droid is a pita to unroot and restore without being able to use the power/unlock button. I couldn't sbf it at all! I would have to pull the battery and re install it and it would never reset properly idk what was up with that...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rep told me he was unsure and it depends on the warehouse and if they have any left... I for one love my OG Droid and don't want a Droid 2 or DINC etc. So does anyone know if they are still sending out OG Droid's anymore?
Read the first sentence that I quoted. The only people who can answer that are those that work the warehouse or have access to info on what's currently in stock. I'm not sure what part of "depends on stock" is misunderstood here...

pistacio

Reaction score
Do you still have a warranty thru Motorola? Check their website using your MEID. I've done it twice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

poooookah78

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I took my phone into a store last month with my rooted phone. I had an issue where I couldn't receive calls from a particular number. Again, my phone was rooted, tons of apps not from the market on it. They said, send it in for a replacement. I couldn't flash back to stock due to some bug I had on the phone... got a new OG droid sent overnight to me, they took the old phone back. Two weeks later, THAT phone wouldn't charge anymore so I got a new one. Today, I just got another one sent to me and sent the third one back in (this time I had a bootloader error... not rooted)... and everytime it's free and overnight and an OG droid. I gotta hand it to VZW, they really take care of you when it comes to something under warranty. Oh, and my contract renewal is up in August, when the Samsung GS2 will be out, so I'll have a pretty new OG Droid as a back up in a month.. .:)