1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Repair

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by angelmutt, Jul 13, 2010.

1. angelmutt

angelmutt New Member

My 4 month old Droid Moto855 - perfectly working, even now - has a cracked screen (dropped it *sigh*). Does anyone know if they can be repaired?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Nope. To the best of my knowledge there are no replacement screens. I'm assuming you don't have insurance?

One of the reasons I did purchase insurance was the fact that I did drop my Droid and my Storm a lot. I figured eventually I'd run out of luck. So far so good, but I am paying for insurance.
  3. noorigin

noorigin New Member

motorola will fix it for $75. they are kind of a pain to deal with tho.
  4. hookbill

Really? Because I thought they were making people by the whole phone. Have you done this?
  5. garrett

garrett Beta Team Theme Developer Developer

one of the guys that works for me did... it sucked because he went like 8 days without his phone because you have to ship it to motorola then it takes like 3 days to turn it around then ship it back.

i ended up giving him my old POS storm 2 to activate while he was waiting to get his droid back. He said it was the worst week of his life.
  6. hookbill

ROFLOL, you were lucky to get that Storm back in one piece. Or did you?;)
  7. garrett

yeah i got it back..... i reminded him that i sign his paychecks so don't damage it..

came back just as i gave it to him
  8. angelmutt

angelmutt New Member

First...thanks so much for your replies.

And yeah...I'm a dummy and had no insurance. Thought it was a waste of money and I'm SOOO careful with my phones. This "drop" was a fluke.

I contacted portatronics.com and they will repair it. $169 for part, $59 labor. Plus the shipping both ways. $228 + I can get one on eBay for that.

I'm going to try the Motorola repair route and see what they have to say. Garrett, how recently did your friend have his repaired? I still have my old cell phone (only a few months old) and am sure I can live with that for a couple weeks if necessary to save a couple hundred dollars.

I'll let you all know what I find out from Motorola.
  9. noorigin

noorigin New Member

no my phone never did get fixed. but theres a story.
    phone screen breaks *damn*
    go online to motorolas site and fill out the rma form, chat with a CSA about how i know its not under warranty and i just want to pay to get it fixed. NP
    ship droid to motorola
    they ship it back unfixed telling me its not under warranty and ill have to pay 75$ to fix *NO SH!7* facepalm
    chat again with a new csr
    they put me in the system AGAIN, this time noting its repair work and not warranty.
    gives me a number to call so they can send me a fedex sticker to ship for free
    i decide not to pursue because i cant afford it now

so yes motorola will fix the phone for $75 if u can deal with the customer service riggamaroo
  10. angelmutt

angelmutt New Member

OK, just did the online chat...information is the same as yours: $75 + shipping and taxes. They will send me email shortly with the details. I'll post when the process is all said and done to maybe help someone else in my boat.

Garrett...I'm laughing...I just re-read your last post...you sign his paychecks. Now that's what I call leverage. :0)
  11. garrett

yeah leverage is always nice to have,..... i would never hold someones paycheck against them besides its illegal but he got the point.

it was in may when he got it done so its fairly recent.

go to the link below and you will see a link on the bottom that says "Repair Submission"

https://globalrepairtools.motorola.com/serviceandrepair/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  12. angelmutt

angelmutt New Member

Cracked screen repaired

I promised to let you all know how it went with my repair. I did it through Motorola. Started with online chat, that person sent me email with instructions. I UPS'd it on July 15th (paid a little extra to speed up delivery...insured for $600 so it cost me $25.77 from NE PA to TX). It was received in TX on July 20th, but not entered into repair until 2 days later. I have since learned that it was sent from TX to Mexico. I was able to follow the repair process and shipping via the RMA# online. They sent it FedEx overnight, and I got it back yesterday, August 2nd. So it was gone 17 days. They charged me $79.50 (that included tax.) It wasn't a difficult process...unless you consider the 17 days of withdrawal!

I also found another place that would repair it...it's an authorized Motorola repair place in NJ - the closest one to me. Here is what he replied:

The cost to replace that part is going to be $100.00. That part is an electronic touch pad that has sensors in it so it knows where you are touching. If you would like to have it repaired, please send me the phone along with a check. I will order the part which takes about 3 business days to get. The repair will only take a day at which point, the phone will be sent back to you via Fed-Ex.

[FONT=&quot]John Branton[/FONT]
    Service Manager
    Car-Tel Communications
    856-904-4398-cell
    856-323-1041-fax
    www.car-tel.com

So, there you have it. I really appreciated the advice I got here so wanted to share this for the next person who might need it.
  13. korky122

korky122 New Member

very simple to get phone repaird. takes a while though. once they fix it, they overnight it back.
Search tags for this page
companys that fix droids in south jersey
does verizon repair droids
droid 4 repair help
droid incredible 2 repair new jersey
droid razr m repair in lyndhurst, nj

droid repair

droid repair nj
galaxy s4 phone repaired in bergen county nj
nj driod razr motorola repair
repair for droid max new jersey
verizon droid repair service