Droid Relative Newbie here

cebosound

Reaction score
Hello.

I have been on this site for a while, but thought I might as well introduce myself. I currently live in California. I work at a bank. I am a fan of technology. I consider myself still a Newbie as far as Android. Other hobbies include watching sports, especially NFL, and Fish Aquariums.

My first smartphone was the HTC Eris. This phone got me started in the Droid world, but I was never really happy with the phone (plus i didn't really understand its potential). ... After about 6 months with the phone, I sold it and purchased a Droid X. Instantly I realized the difference between the 2 phones. The DX was the best phone I had ever owned.

I had the DX for about 1.5 years. For most of that time I had it rooted, mainly for battery life and for WIFI during the occasional trip when i didn't have access. I joined this site to learn more about Android and to try to figure out what my next phone would be. I researched quite a bit, never considered HTC (because my experience), and the decision came down to the Bionic, the Razr, and the Nexus. I have had good success with motorola so that defintiely weighed in. I considerd NExus, I am a fan of Samsung (have a 51" LCD TV, one of my favorite dumbphones was a samsung model). .... In the End I went with the Bionic. Main reasons was because of Value (good price for a solid phone), also I grew tired of waiting for the Nexus. and I felt like the Bionic had most of what the Razr had plus removable battery. and i was a little unsure about the width of the razr in my hand too.

So far I love my Bionic. I have tried a couple of Roms, Liberty and now Eclipse 2.0. I have no desire to get any other phone at this point.

I appreciate all of this sites info and membors input. :)

I look forward to having fun with all of you along our Android adventures.

Last edited:

catfisher

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. The X was my favorite phone up until I upgraded. There is much to learn here, good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I have been on this site for a while, but thought I might as well introduce myself. I currently live in California. I work at a bank. I am a fan of technology. I consider myself still a Newbie as far as Android. Other hobbies include watching sports, especially NFL, and Fish Aquariums.

My first smartphone was the HTC Eris. This phone got me started in the Droid world, but I was never really happy with the phone (plus i didn't really understand its potential). ... After about 6 months with the phone, I sold it and purchased a Droid X. Instantly I realized the difference between the 2 phones. The DX was the best phone I had ever owned.

I had the DX for about 1.5 years. For most of that time I had it rooted, mainly for battery life and for WIFI during the occasional trip when i didn't have access. I joined this site to learn more about Android and to try to figure out what my next phone would be. I researched quite a bit, never considered HTC (because my experience), and the decision came down to the Bionic, the Razr, and the Nexus. I have had good success with motorola so that defintiely weighed in. I considerd NExus, I am a fan of Samsung (have a 51" LCD TV, one of my favorite dumbphones was a samsung model). .... In the End I went with the Bionic. Main reasons was because of Value (good price for a solid phone), also I grew tired of waiting for the Nexus. and I felt like the Bionic had most of what the Razr had plus removable battery. and i was a little unsure about the width of the razr in my hand too.

So far I love my Bionic. I have tried a couple of Roms, Liberty and now Eclipse 2.0. I have no desire to get any other phone at this point.

I appreciate all of this sites info and membors input. :)

I look forward to having fun with all of you along our Android adventures.

Welcome brother! You already know you have a solid device! Plenty of development out on it now...I can't wait for the Razr to have the same! I truly feel comfy with Motorola. Never let me down and I have HTC devices and Samsung as well so i know how you feel! Peace and again, WELCOME!

Built to last ...
Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder
Peace!

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yesterday , after having issues with data..... I had a change of heart. I put my Bionic back to stock and returned it for the Galaxy Nexus. .....my android journey continues on.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yesterday , after having issues with data..... I had a change of heart. I put my Bionic back to stock and returned it for the Galaxy Nexus. .....my android journey continues on.

I can't speak for all but most of the newer devices are having this issue. Usually Verizon's end and not the phone. Razr just got updated ...Nexus will as well. Bionic had one already. Issues with lte are the main culprit ..Just get a phone you like and in the future it will be fixed...happy holidays!

Built to last ...
Peace!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way great choice IMO.ill have them both! Lol

Built to last ...
Peace!

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
I can't speak for all but most of the newer devices are having this issue. Usually Verizon's end and not the phone. Razr just got updated ...Nexus will as well. Bionic had one already. Issues with lte are the main culprit ..Just get a phone you like and in the future it will be fixed...happy holidays!

Built to last ...
Peace!

By the way great choice IMO.ill have them both! Lol

Built to last ...
Peace!
Thanks D2D! .... all 3 phones are great.

btw.. whats the story with the Spyder?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol that's the "other" make name of the Razr. Really just being silly when i put it into my sig.lol

Built to last ...
Peace!

Insidious

Reaction score
Thanks D2D! .... all 3 phones are great.

btw.. whats the story with the Spyder?

The spider is the RAZR's codename. Just as (I think its "shadow)" for the Droid X.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.