DROID recommended accessories

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
theyre tricky in that if you mess up its hard to fix due to the nature of the product. I don't think its that bad, you just have to be patient. The trickier thing is getting it on and not getting any dust under it

^+1 Pyro hit it right on the head. The dust is the worse thing... I posted in another thread my preferred method, I'll see if I can find it again... in short go to cleanest (and LEAST used) room in your house (generally the kitchen or a unused second bath). Have some compressed air and a good lens-cleaning cloth. Even the smallest piece of dust will make a large bubble:mad:. To make matters worse if you do get dust on/in the protector you're essentially screwed as it won't come off...

IMHO you can NOT be to anal of OCD about the installation if you are using a good ($$) protector. If it's a cheap one than just go for it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll find the answer to your questions by checking out most of the threads in this section. Most have been discussed at great length.
+1

These "What is best?" threads seem really common for various topics (not just the Droid even). These forums are a very useful resource if you read the threads. Best is a subjective matter and each person really needs to read the threads/comments/reviews and make his/her own judgment call. What one person considers to be the best hard case isn't going to be the same as the next person, etc.

If you still want to ask a "What is Best?" question then at least qualify what you mean by best. What are your biggest concerns with each item? Do you have budget limits? Consider other questions. That will at least spark some discussion that is actually relevant to you.

Neupy

Reaction score
Just seen that solar charger so im gonna order that today lol. Will come in handy at the river in the summertime. Also as for screen protection I just went with the zagg from best buy and paid them the 10 bux or whatever it cost for them to put it on for me. That way any problems with it I can just go back and have a new one put on for free. Seemed like a good deal to me.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I have to put in another vote for the Seidio Innocase + Holster. You'll find a lot of mixed opinions based on a bad first batch of cases they made (top piece wouldn't fit correctly). Anyways I just got mine in earlier this week and it is superb. The fit, feel, and quality is great.

The VZW screen protectors are pretty easy to install (got it on the second try). For the price it makes it a lot easier to swallow if you mess up. I messed up installing TWO invisible shields (which is AWESOME for my iPod). But after $30 on those I decided I couldn't risk it anymore since I'm obviously incapable of installing it right. The VZW protectors aren't the best and they do get kinda slimy with finger grease but they are cheap.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Multimedia dock is pretty cool, but man I love the Car Dock. I considered getting a TomTom before I had my Droid and now glad I didn't.

Trooper

Reaction score
Seidio car dock, home dock, screen guard.

Amzer (Verizon) shell/holster...It fits perfectly into the docks.

ezeStand

Reaction score
For your consideration ... ezeStand
Check out other forum members comments here at DroidForums.
Thanks,

cuskit

Reaction score
Just seen that solar charger so im gonna order that today lol. Will come in handy at the river in the summertime. Also as for screen protection I just went with the zagg from best buy and paid them the 10 bux or whatever it cost for them to put it on for me. That way any problems with it I can just go back and have a new one put on for free. Seemed like a good deal to me.
I can't seem to locate the solar charger you refer to. I spend half the spring/summer/fall fishing, skiing, tubing and partying on my boat, and that sounds like a perfect solution for me. Can you post a link or refer me to where you so this?

Thanks - mike :)

cuskit

Reaction score
Thanks for the links! The first one you posted is exactly what I'm looking for! The cost is not bad at 30 bucks, and I have no problem having to plug in the USB cable to it. I think that's a more viable solution for me than the solar/cover - I like the gel cover I use now. On the boat having the solar panel is nice - plenty of room on my 25 footer for it and not be in the way (under my windshield would be perfect)!

I appreciate you taking the time to search and link these! :) mike