DROID recommended accessories

aali2000

Reaction score
I am looking for accessories for my new DROID. I only have the equipment and the wall charger that comes with it. I still need a hard case, other chargers, screen protector, ...etc. What do you recommend in terms of the best bang for the buck. I am not looking for trashy stuff nor overpriced items. Any bottom line help?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I like the car dock window/dash mount. It automatically puts it into car mode for navigation, voice commands, etc.

cuskit

Reaction score
I am looking for accessories for my new DROID. I only have the equipment and the wall charger that comes with it. I still need a hard case, other chargers, screen protector, ...etc. What do you recommend in terms of the best bang for the buck. I am not looking for trashy stuff nor overpriced items. Any bottom line help?
Well, hello and welcome to the forums! :)

You'll find the answer to your questions by checking out most of the threads in this section. Most have been discussed at great length. No real answer to just one specific brand or type for each of the accessories you asked about. For instance - cases. There are literally dozens of cases out there, most all are great, priced reasonably and of good value. Everyone looks for something different when viewing the parameters of what they perceive to be the "best buy". What works for one may not work for the next. I'd say read through many of the posts here, and you should get a pretty good idea of the assets and shortcomings of most of the available products, and then, based on the submitted comments make your own call as to which best suits you.

I don't think anything here has been really put down as total junk, nor any "over the top" as far as pricing. For sure you'll have fun reading here!

Have fun! :) mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone goes into the multimedia dock for charging each day. It turns into my alarm clock in that mode.

There's some threads here where discounts were available too, not sure if they are still active or not.

Spartan

Reaction score
For me Seidio Innocase & holster, Seidio media dock along with Steinheil Crystal screen protector are a must.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Steinheil Crystal screen protectors -- by far the best screen protector I've ever had, seen, or used.

+1 for the media dock. I dont really use it for media purposes, but I'm a sucker for anything with a cradle. $30 at Verizon, or $23 at Verizon if you know someone with a BofA or corporate account.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
-Seidio case w/clip-holster
-Steinheil Crystal screen protectors
and either of these two stands (note, the stock/OEM dock does NOT allow for cases)
- http://sites.google.com/site/a855stand/ or
- http://www.ezestand.com/

I recommend the a855 stand, it's pricier but VERY well made and heavy (i.e. will last through anything you can put it through) but the ezestands are nice (I'm just not a huge fan of plastic).

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Got my droid Wed & so far I have the car cradle, media dock & belt holster (verizon branded) that faces the screen in. I like to rock my droid naked.

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I would recommend what to me are essentials. Screen protector, I use invisible shield but to each their own. Car dock, media dock, and belt holster.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI, there are a lot of good stands, the problem many people have with the OEM/stock stand is that it won't allow cases. So first decide if you are going to want a case (been PLENTY of debate on this) and then decide on which stand/dock will best suit your needs. There are plenty of good ones in the store (many made by fellow members) and many online. Happy hunting.:icon_ banana:

levelm

Reaction score
I haven't recieved my Droid yet but I was wondering does it come with a stock screen protector or is that something you must buy seperate?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't recieved my Droid yet but I was wondering does it come with a stock screen protector or is that something you must buy seperate?

It does NOT come with any protectors. VZW sales some decent one's for cheap ($12 for 3) which are good for 'practice' so that when/if you buy some good ones you won't waste them. They're not bad but there is a VERY noticeable difference between them and a higher quality one.

levelm

Reaction score
It does NOT come with any protectors. VZW sales some decent one's for cheap ($12 for 3) which are good for 'practice' so that when/if you buy some good ones you won't waste them. They're not bad but there is a VERY noticeable difference between them and a higher quality one.

So I'm assuming they are tricky to put on and thus should not waste my money on a good one until I have practiced?

pyro6128

Reaction score
theyre tricky in that if you mess up its hard to fix due to the nature of the product. I don't think its that bad, you just have to be patient. The trickier thing is getting it on and not getting any dust under it