DROID recommended accessories

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by aali2000, Mar 1, 2010.

1. aali2000

aali2000 New Member

I am looking for accessories for my new DROID. I only have the equipment and the wall charger that comes with it. I still need a hard case, other chargers, screen protector, ...etc. What do you recommend in terms of the best bang for the buck. I am not looking for trashy stuff nor overpriced items. Any bottom line help?
  2. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

I like the car dock window/dash mount. It automatically puts it into car mode for navigation, voice commands, etc.
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Well, hello and welcome to the forums! :)

You'll find the answer to your questions by checking out most of the threads in this section. Most have been discussed at great length. No real answer to just one specific brand or type for each of the accessories you asked about. For instance - cases. There are literally dozens of cases out there, most all are great, priced reasonably and of good value. Everyone looks for something different when viewing the parameters of what they perceive to be the "best buy". What works for one may not work for the next. I'd say read through many of the posts here, and you should get a pretty good idea of the assets and shortcomings of most of the available products, and then, based on the submitted comments make your own call as to which best suits you.

I don't think anything here has been really put down as total junk, nor any "over the top" as far as pricing. For sure you'll have fun reading here!

Have fun! :) mike
  4. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

My phone goes into the multimedia dock for charging each day. It turns into my alarm clock in that mode.

There's some threads here where discounts were available too, not sure if they are still active or not.
  5. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

6. Spartan

Spartan New Member

For me Seidio Innocase & holster, Seidio media dock along with Steinheil Crystal screen protector are a must.
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

+1 for the Steinheil Crystal screen protectors -- by far the best screen protector I've ever had, seen, or used.

+1 for the media dock. I dont really use it for media purposes, but I'm a sucker for anything with a cradle. $30 at Verizon, or $23 at Verizon if you know someone with a BofA or corporate account.
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

-Seidio case w/clip-holster
    -Steinheil Crystal screen protectors
    and either of these two stands (note, the stock/OEM dock does NOT allow for cases)
    - http://sites.google.com/site/a855stand/ or
    - http://www.ezestand.com/

I recommend the a855 stand, it's pricier but VERY well made and heavy (i.e. will last through anything you can put it through) but the ezestands are nice (I'm just not a huge fan of plastic).
  9. KeepInitReel

KeepInitReel New Member

Got my droid Wed & so far I have the car cradle, media dock & belt holster (verizon branded) that faces the screen in. I like to rock my droid naked.
  10. ptfd13

ptfd13 New Member

I would recommend what to me are essentials. Screen protector, I use invisible shield but to each their own. Car dock, media dock, and belt holster.
  11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

FYI, there are a lot of good stands, the problem many people have with the OEM/stock stand is that it won't allow cases. So first decide if you are going to want a case (been PLENTY of debate on this) and then decide on which stand/dock will best suit your needs. There are plenty of good ones in the store (many made by fellow members) and many online. Happy hunting.:icon_ banana:
  12. levelm

levelm New Member

I haven't recieved my Droid yet but I was wondering does it come with a stock screen protector or is that something you must buy seperate?
  13. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

It does NOT come with any protectors. VZW sales some decent one's for cheap ($12 for 3) which are good for 'practice' so that when/if you buy some good ones you won't waste them. They're not bad but there is a VERY noticeable difference between them and a higher quality one.
  14. levelm

levelm New Member

So I'm assuming they are tricky to put on and thus should not waste my money on a good one until I have practiced?
  15. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

theyre tricky in that if you mess up its hard to fix due to the nature of the product. I don't think its that bad, you just have to be patient. The trickier thing is getting it on and not getting any dust under it
  16. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^+1 Pyro hit it right on the head. The dust is the worse thing... I posted in another thread my preferred method, I'll see if I can find it again... in short go to cleanest (and LEAST used) room in your house (generally the kitchen or a unused second bath). Have some compressed air and a good lens-cleaning cloth. Even the smallest piece of dust will make a large bubble:mad:. To make matters worse if you do get dust on/in the protector you're essentially screwed as it won't come off...

IMHO you can NOT be to anal of OCD about the installation if you are using a good ($$) protector. If it's a cheap one than just go for it.
  17. silentbob343

silentbob343 New Member

heh, exactly what I ordered last week for my new droid.
  18. takeshi

takeshi New Member

+1

These "What is best?" threads seem really common for various topics (not just the Droid even). These forums are a very useful resource if you read the threads. Best is a subjective matter and each person really needs to read the threads/comments/reviews and make his/her own judgment call. What one person considers to be the best hard case isn't going to be the same as the next person, etc.

If you still want to ask a "What is Best?" question then at least qualify what you mean by best. What are your biggest concerns with each item? Do you have budget limits? Consider other questions. That will at least spark some discussion that is actually relevant to you.
  19. Neupy

Neupy New Member

Just seen that solar charger so im gonna order that today lol. Will come in handy at the river in the summertime. Also as for screen protection I just went with the zagg from best buy and paid them the 10 bux or whatever it cost for them to put it on for me. That way any problems with it I can just go back and have a new one put on for free. Seemed like a good deal to me.
  20. droidzer

droidzer New Member

Search tags for this page

droidrecommeneds