1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID RAZRMAX on the Way? Is This the HD Version of the RAZR?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Malvado, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

[​IMG]

We came across a series of photos that, while not showing-off anything interesting themselves, hid some tantalizing clues away in their EXIF data, marked as being shot by the Motorola Droid RAZRMAX. That's the first time we've seen that name, though the Motorola RAZR Maxx, sans Droid and with an extra "x", was an old flip phone on Verizon.

Armed with this name, we went looking for any other evidence of the phone, and found some forum comments from earlier this week that mentioned a "Razr Max". The poster recalled a visit to a Verizon store, where he claims a Verizon employee told him such a phone would be coming out in the future, a little thicker than the Droid RAZR we know now due to the inclusion of a larger-capacity battery.

On its own, it's easy to dismiss a story like that as coming from the imagination of an overzealous retail employee, but the fact that we already had the RAZRMAX name before coming across the post has us thinking that there might actually be something to it.

We're not sure just what the plans are for this hardware, but we'll definitely be looking to find more information to help flesh-out our picture of it. Might there just be a new battery, or could Motorola have other changes (like a new HD display) in store for the phone?

SOURCE: Razr Max ? - RazrForums via PocketNow
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

And here we go again...:)
  3. Malvado

LOL right...Motorola has been releasing phone after phone...its actually getting annoying.
  4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Oh dear....now instead of "Moto should let me swap my Bionic for the Razr" we'll be hearing "Moto should let me swap my Razr for the RazrMaxx".
  5. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Thats the truth

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  6. Malvado

+1000000000000 lol
  7. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Not Really. I'm waiting for the Droid RAZRMAX M2X Ultra. LOL.
  8. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

At the rate Moto's going, that might even beat the Nexus out to the market.
  9. Malvado

thats the one with the projector right? lol
  10. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Only if the Moto has the Ultra 2X upgrade along with the SPX offering. Code Speak for get your act together.
    Most of you don't know the SPX upgrade. Keep in mind, I just make it up as I go along. Just like others. This is ridiculous.
  11. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

At first guess I would have said it would be the RAZR with the 13mp cam from China, but the image above is 6mp, which is the cropped 8mp image that un-blur puts out. Now that doesn't mean the sensor couldn't be that 13mp just set to 6mp wide, but who knows. If they go HD screen, they better have a better camera sensor for once and ICS at launch would be nice, but not completely necessary.

A CDMA variant of the S-TCDMA MT917 Motorola planning to launch 13MP variants of RAZR in China - GSMArena.com news In the second paragraph it details the 1280x720 screen and 13mp cam and 1mm thicker. Could be...
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  12. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Actually moto had a number of complaints that when thrown against a building not only did the Razr not cut said building down, but it broke. The Max will be able to cut through anything except diamond and some of the more durable metals, at least that's what I heard.

In all seriousness another rumored device already is pretty crazy. I like variety but more time between new device cycles would not be a bad thing IMO.
  13. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

Good for you. How exactly does this relate to the RAZRMAX? lol
  14. JSM9872

It was spam. It is gone now :)
  15. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

Lol I had PM'd Malvado about that user. Everything he/she posted since joining today was spam. Thanks!
  16. JSM9872

No problem. Just another day the office lol.
  17. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I mentioned in another thread that I'm not biting on this one yet but if it is in fact true I have absolutely ZERO issues with it and here's why.

The RAZR has been a near perfect piece of equipment. No reboots, lag, force closes etc etc. The handset is solid.

If it had a terrible screen and was thick then I'd have a serious issue with this whole thing but as it stands now I'm very very happy with the RAZR. Awesome handset........

Sent from Droid RAZR
  18. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I get the feeling that if it were an HD version of the RAZR, somehow they would capitalize on the name and call it the RAZRHD or something. I am betting that this is simply a slightly thicker, heavier version of the RAZR with an "extended" battery fitted. It is probably a response to concerns about the battery life, and may be aimed at corporate users. I get the feeling that the "MAX" part refers to battery life.

Of course it's ALL speculation at this point, but that's what makes it fun.
  19. sb1831

sb1831 New Member

HAHA I still have my D1 around somewhere I think i might start using it again and then demand a Droid4 when they release it because I no longer get LTE speeds. Think it will work?
  20. jpiarull

jpiarull Member

Brings to light a real comical with this, what's next RAZR MAX ultimate QUAD-CORE? Could this be the first 1920 x 1080 Super AMOLED display? That'd be something. :blink: Speaking of which, Quad-Cores will not be optimized until Jelly-bean comes out?
Search tags for this page

is there a garage door opener app