Droid Razr wonky after last update....

earlsfat

Reaction score
I apologize in advance, I'm a tech dummy...

I have a Motorola Razr, It's about 7 months old - Ever since the big update a month or so back, it hasn't worked well at all... about the only thing it does right is phone calls and texts. Verizon store guy wants to wipe everything out and start all over... but doesn't know if it'll fix my issues.

* - WiFi connections - used to pick up connections and connect all the time... now, most of the time it won't even connect to the one in my house, standing 20 feet from the wireless router. When it does the signal barely gets to one bar.
* - GPS / Navigation - Used to work well - now it just tries to find satellites and does nothing.
* - Games - Most stop working as soon as you press start them, then you have to restart them. Essentially you have to start the games twice.
* - Google Play - Can't connect 95% of the time... guessing this is a wifi issue.
* - Mute Button - Stupid mute button randomly engages itself when connected to bluetooth. To clarify - I get in my car and leave my phone in the holster... NOW I have to take it out and un-mute it... but not on all calls. :p
* - Whenever I connect to the wireless at work using the WEP key (to print work related emails / texts for instance) it kills the internet for everything else - wired and wireless. (Actually... this last one was going on before the update).

There's other stuff, but those are the big ones. At this point I'm p***ed... stupid Iphones don't seem to have this problem.

About Phone info:
System Version = 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.
Android Version = 4.0.4
Baseband Version= CDMA_N_05-11-01PLTEDC_U_09.11.00
Webtop Version = wt-3.0.0
Kernal Versio = 3.0.8-g28cf5e7
Build Number = 6.7.2-18_-DHD-16-M4-31
Build Date = Jul 14, 14:57:16 CDT 2012

Will a reboot or whatever fix my issues? Should I just uninstall all apps one by one and see if anything gets better? Should I flush it down the toilet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
E

earlsfat

Reaction score
212 views and no one knows anything? LOL... wow.

LynnS_CA

Reaction score
I apologize in advance, I'm a tech dummy...

I have a Motorola Razr, It's about 7 months old - Ever since the big update a month or so back, it hasn't worked well at all... about the only thing it does right is phone calls and texts. Verizon store guy wants to wipe everything out and start all over... but doesn't know if it'll fix my issues.

* - WiFi connections - used to pick up connections and connect all the time... now, most of the time it won't even connect to the one in my house, standing 20 feet from the wireless router. When it does the signal barely gets to one bar.
* - GPS / Navigation - Used to work well - now it just tries to find satellites and does nothing.
* - Games - Most stop working as soon as you press start them, then you have to restart them. Essentially you have to start the games twice.
* - Google Play - Can't connect 95% of the time... guessing this is a wifi issue.
* - Mute Button - Stupid mute button randomly engages itself when connected to bluetooth. To clarify - I get in my car and leave my phone in the holster... NOW I have to take it out and un-mute it... but not on all calls. :p
* - Whenever I connect to the wireless at work using the WEP key (to print work related emails / texts for instance) it kills the internet for everything else - wired and wireless. (Actually... this last one was going on before the update).

There's other stuff, but those are the big ones. At this point I'm p***ed... stupid Iphones don't seem to have this problem.

About Phone info:
System Version = 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.
Android Version = 4.0.4
Baseband Version= CDMA_N_05-11-01PLTEDC_U_09.11.00
Webtop Version = wt-3.0.0
Kernal Versio = 3.0.8-g28cf5e7
Build Number = 6.7.2-18_-DHD-16-M4-31
Build Date = Jul 14, 14:57:16 CDT 2012

Will a reboot or whatever fix my issues? Should I just uninstall all apps one by one and see if anything gets better? Should I flush it down the toilet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I wish I could help, but I can only commiserate. I got my new MOtorola Droid Razr through Verizon in May and really liked it. Synched my msn.com email and a corporate email. All was working fantabulously.

Then, about a month ago [July?] there was a new installation [to do what, I don't know]. I installed. Dumb me. The phone seems to work fine, but my poor laptop. If I delete emails on the phone, then, a few minutes later all the emails for that day will duplicate on the laptop [not on the Droid]. So I delete them on the laptop. Which is fine with me [and how it used to be before this last installation....had to delete on phone and again on laptop]. So anytime I delete on the Droid I can expect another round of duplicate emails on the laptop. During the course of the day I may have 6 or 7 of the same emails on the laptop. They do not duplicate on the Droid.

I've contacted Verizon, my carrier, and no response. Went to the Verizon store and they refer me back to the online support with Verizon.

It's not my laptop at home since I don't have this problem on other laptops at home. It's not the ISP. So that pretty much leaves the suspicion that it's some code that was added during the last installation that involves synching Droid to msn.com email.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

It is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
E

earlsfat

Reaction score
Well... since my phone is just about worthless... I was nosing around here and came across the .215 leak - which apparently is an unofficial upgrade to the Ice Cream Sandwich operating software. So, I copied all my pictures / music / ringtones / etc to the removable SD card, did a factory reset, tried the ".215 leak" and ran "FXR WiFi fix and rescue" (do a google play search for wifi fixer).

Doing the factory reset blows out ALL your settings and after 7 months or so... well you forget just how many there are, lol. Crap.

BUT... the phone automatically downloaded all the apps I've paid for and most of the ones I downloaded that were free. So I have a lot of tweaks to make but everything is pretty much there. I'll find out if the WiFi fixer thing worked this evening when I get home... I'm still setting everything else up, lol... DAMN.

Oh yeah.. the mic (for voice controlled apps) worked whenever it wanted to... probably more towards 70% of the time not working, haven't had a chance to see if that's fixed yet either.

I hope this works, I like this phone because it's SUPPOSED to do some cool stuff and a lot of stuff I need..... but it's about ready to take a bath (literally).

OP
E

earlsfat

Reaction score
Update - Factory reset & .215 leak fixed EVERYTHING.
:icon_ banana:

Do a better job noting all your settings & Apps first, I lost a lot of stuff I didn't write down. :mad: