Droid RAZR Will Not Turn On

iheartchickens

Reaction score
So for christmas i got the droid razr. It has worked completely fine, i love it!! But last night, it for some reason just turned off and i cant get it to do ANYTHING. It was working fine, it had atleast 50% charge, since it was still in the green. I was playing games on it, but then i set it down for no more than 10 minutes. When i came back it would not turn on or do anything. I didnt think much of it, but just tried to charge it, thinking that for some reason maybe it lost half charge in 10 minutes??? It still wouldnt work after charging for 1 hour, and i know the charger and the plug works because thats where ive been charging it the past week. I think im just going to trade it in for another one, but is there anything i can do to see if it will turn on? Its so weird since it acts like its non-removable battery is gone, no lights, vibration of buttons showing it is on, or anything. It seems dead. :frown:

bullswife98

Reaction score
A non responsive Droid Razr!?? Wow.. alright, is it still plugged in on the wall charger??

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So for christmas i got the droid razr. It has worked completely fine, i love it!! But last night, it for some reason just turned off and i cant get it to do ANYTHING. It was working fine, it had atleast 50% charge, since it was still in the green. I was playing games on it, but then i set it down for no more than 10 minutes. When i came back it would not turn on or do anything. I didnt think much of it, but just tried to charge it, thinking that for some reason maybe it lost half charge in 10 minutes??? It still wouldnt work after charging for 1 hour, and i know the charger and the plug works because thats where ive been charging it the past week. I think im just going to trade it in for another one, but is there anything i can do to see if it will turn on? Its so weird since it acts like its non-removable battery is gone, no lights, vibration of buttons showing it is on, or anything. It seems dead. :frown:

Two things to try...first, unplug the power cable, then press and hold volume down while pressing power button. Hold both for at least 20 seconds. If nothing happens, then plug the power cable in again. If the phone goes into charging mode, then note the level of charge the battery contains. If it's less than 30%, don't try to power it up but let it continue charging until it has at least 30%.

Once it has 30%, keep it plugged in and press the power button until it begins the booting process. Once it boots, allow it to continue charging until it indicates that it has a full charge.

If it doesn't respond then try plugging it in and try the same two button reset above while it's still plugged into the charger. If it doesn't respond after 20 seconds of button pressing while connected to power, leave it plugged into power for a few hours and then try just a short press of the power button to see if the charging mode is on. Again, note the charge level and follow the steps above. If you still get no response then you likely have a DOA phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine got unresponsive once when I was trying to use it with a car charger. Was a charger I got from 7-11 or Walmart. A hard reset fixed it. Yes it was a cheap charger....:blush:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Mine got unresponsive once when I was trying to use it with a car charger. Was a charger I got from 7-11 or Walmart. A hard reset fixed it. Yes it was a cheap charger....:blush:

Jroc brought up a good point and I'm sorry I overlooked it as I've been on that soapbox before. You shouldn't trust a charger that is NOT manufactured by or approved for use by Motorola for the Droid RAZR. Not only can it cause strange effects such as jroc mentioned, or ghost responses from the touch screen, but it can potentially damage either the charging circuitry in the phone or the battery, not to mention void your warranty.

Good call, jroc. I was off my game, you beat me to the punch!