Droid razr what a rip off

Kimo91

Reaction score
All I can say to all the Razr haters is "wah". If y'all "supposedly" did research before buying it you would've known the battery life isn't up to par and that the only phone out there right now.is the GNex. I don't understand why people are crying and whining over battery life when its been a known issue which is why the Maxx came out months later. And also everyone including my dead grandmother knew ICS is stock on the GNex and that it'll come to other devices later.

I'm more than happy with my Razr and wouldn't trade it for anything right now. In fact my daughters getting the Razr slider, aka the Droid 4 tomorrow :D

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

Trash Can

Reaction score
I agree this phone is terrible

Also where is the ics I was promised

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I don't know why everyone is always excited to get the 'latest and greatest' because oftentimes the 'latest and greatest' isn't ready for prime time. Sure, I would like improvements, but I'm content to let others work the bugs out before ICS gets released. The Razr/Maxx works great as is. YMMV

mcsoul

Reaction score
I love my RAZR!!! It has much more capability than I expected. The phone stays cool all day long for me, I do use wifi most of the time.
The battery life (non Maxx) is crazy good. I don't even use smart actions anymore, everything is on all the time. I have work email and yahoo
mail pushing all day. I take my phone off the charger at 7am and at 10pm I'm still at 90%. That's remarkable battery performance. The phone
is very light, and I like that.

The lapdock 500 adds a new dimension, in combination with several apps below; I am free from my desk. With the phone and Lapdoc I can go 8 hours
straight as a moble office on a full charge; no outlet required. The trackpad is rubbish, but I like using a mouse anyway.

VPN anyconnect
Caldav Sync
Jabiru
Webtop Firfox
email (work account)
connectbot
foxfi if I need my laptop in a pinch.

All this capability with a non-rooted android platform is amazing.

huskur

Reaction score
I love my RAZR!!! It has much more capability than I expected. The phone stays cool all day long for me, I do use wifi most of the time.
The battery life (non Maxx) is crazy good. I don't even use smart actions anymore, everything is on all the time. I have work email and yahoo
mail pushing all day. I take my phone off the charger at 7am and at 10pm I'm still at 90%. That's remarkable battery performance. The phone
is very light, and I like that.

The lapdock 500 adds a new dimension, in combination with several apps below; I am free from my desk. With the phone and Lapdoc I can go 8 hours
straight as a moble office on a full charge; no outlet required. The trackpad is rubbish, but I like using a mouse anyway.

VPN anyconnect
Caldav Sync
Jabiru
Webtop Firfox
email (work account)
connectbot
foxfi if I need my laptop in a pinch.

All this capability with a non-rooted android platform is amazing.

Only 10% loss in 15 hours. Hard to believe on a regular Razr. Unless of course you are using the dock with it during the day. The dock charges the phone as you use it.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I get a full day easy...I do shut off data and synching at night because it sits next to me ( I use it as an alarm clock)

I'm fine with having to charge my phone up at night before bed and using it the next day. Part of life. I'm not one to complain about things. I'm healthy, able to put food on the table, have a roof over my head, clothes on my back and the luxury of owning a smartphone. I take NOTHING for granted after what I have seen and experienced. Thank you thank you thank you.....thats all I have to say :)

Amen brother! My late father would say," DONT waste a good worry!" I lost him last week and will not get any new advice or cynicism... So, anything else in life that makes my efforts a little easier is gravy And for a health conscious person, I LOVE GRAVY! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mcsoul

Reaction score
Only 10% loss in 15 hours. Hard to believe on a regular Razr. Unless of course you are using the dock with it during the day. The dock charges the phone as you use it.

I know, i wouldn't believe me either. To be honest, it used to suck battery juice at an amazing rate. I tried smart actions and that helped a lot.
Then I added installed the last update when it came out, the phone started acting funny and getting a little warm; still using smart actions when they were
disabled (which would break download connections). It was acting a little strange. So I disable smart actions and power cycled it a few times.

I don't understand exactly what happened next, but it has been the most well behaved phone ever since then with stellar battery life. I don't blame anyone
for being skeptical. But seriously, 90% after 15 hours with everything on, but light usage as a phone.

gator57

Reaction score
Up at 5 am have used the phone today talked, surfed the net checked on a couple of other things, read email and usd the hotspot for about ten / 15 minutes phone is at 70% @ 1230PM Now if you would have asked me how I felt about the phone from Nov to Feb I would have said " I feel a little cheated " not because of poor battery life, because of the other issues hot spot etc. But man what a difference now......This just might be a phone to keep the entire 2 years....

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
"My battery life is terrible "

Boy does that whine not age well.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
at least you can get 8-10 hours of usage. I remember the thunerbolt days, we were lucky if we got 5 hours of usage :icon_eek:

Psykho

Reaction score
at least you can get 8-10 hours of usage. I remember the thunerbolt days, we were lucky if we got 5 hours of usage :icon_eek:

I'm using a stock non-rooted Tbolt and make it from 6am to 11pm everyday and still have 20% left.. That's with 4G on all day a couple of hours of maps and Pandora plus apps like FB and DF all day.... I understand some have problems but I've been fortunate I suppose..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

busab

Reaction score
If you think a top notch phone like the razr sucks then good luck finding a phone that is up to your level of expectations.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gobi42

Reaction score
U know what I will trade any of u that have a razr they don't like u can have my bionic can't hotspot can't check scores can't surf the web unless UT on wifi oh and the battery only last about 10 hrs due to never having any DATA. Any takers??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums