Droid RAZR Volume Stuck on "Volume Down"

bdetweiler

Reaction score
PLEASE tell me I am not the only one with this problem. There's no way I can be, because I'm on my second RAZR and I'm seeing the same problems I had with my first.

I made a video to show you exactly what's happening: [video=youtube;u0OC-0fwxWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0OC-0fwxWc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have Googled the crap out of this and all I can find are people asking how to turn their phone on silent or something. No, this is a bug. My issue is, I don't know if it's hardware or software.

I have noticed that it primarily happens during/after I workout. I use my phone as an MP3 player. I keep it in an arm band on my arm that isn't waterproof, so I'm wondering if sweat is getting in and screwing with the circuitry, or if its overheating.

I really just want to know that I'm not alone in this (SUPPORT GROUP, PEOPLE), because I'm going out of my freaking mind. I can't keep making trips back to the Verizon store. I just need to know that it gets better. Does it get better?! Uggghhhh.

Thach

Reaction score
Are you installing any kind of sound/volume app at all that might be causing this? I have never seen anything like that.

Sent from my rooted RAZR. If its not rooted, its not right! Droidrzr.com

OP
B

bdetweiler

Reaction score
Actually, you know what. The one piece of software I added today is Good for Enterprise. Now I'm almost %100 sure that's what caused the problems. Uninstalling it. I'll report back with how it goes.

Thach

Reaction score
I just looked that up and OMG that has some seriously crazy permissions. Call numbers, read sensitive data, and a couple others. I have never tried that app and those alone make me never want to.

Sent from my rooted RAZR. If its not rooted, its not right! Droidrzr.com

OP
B

bdetweiler

Reaction score
So far, so good. Thanks for the idea. I was about to brush it off in a fit of "OF COURSE NOT" rage, but then I actually thought, "Wait. I did install something today." ha!

So much for getting work emails on my phone. meh. Music is more important.

Peace!

SaraDoe

Reaction score
My volume control is stuck on loud!! Both buttons are stuck down and I cannot get them to pop out...