[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by mattlgroff, Mar 15, 2013.

1. trojan28

trojan28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i see that, thx :biggrin::hail:

2. rynoman03

rynoman03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow I missed the part or skimmed over the part where you have to put the phone into Debugging MTP mode. I just had it in standard Debugging... Now I have root! Thanks Folks!

3. Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this still work. Just checking if it does I wanna do it

4. Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked like a charm!!! Watched the video and followed step by step!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

5. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I seem to be having a problem with step #3. I've tried starting fresh with step #1 a total of 4 times now, and everything goes smoothly until after the "Battery Saver" step. At that point, the procedure continues, but I get "0 bytes in xxxxxxx.xxs". Superuser is installed and it grants permission to the Wireless Tether app, but then I get a message stating Tethering started with errors.

I followed all the directions to a Tee (unless I'm reading something wrong)... file unzipped to desktop, drivers installed, USB Debugging set, USB MTP mode set. I've been rooting since the OG Droid, and this is the first time I've run into an issue. The only thing I can think of at this point is to try a different computer. I've attached a screenshot... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

6. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Do you have any SmartActions active? If so, clear it all out. Smart Action has to be a clean slate. That's the only thing I can think of..

7. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for the reply! I started from scratch again last night using my home computer, and I got through step 3 flawlessly this time. Unfortunately, I'm still have problems with the Wireless Tether app, so it appears that the 2 issues are unrelated. I did a little more homework this morning, and it appears that this app no longer works on the Razr (according to the Play Store reviews related only to Razr). I don't use it often, but I'll have to do a little more research to find a good alternative since this is the primary reason I root.

8. Skiddz

Skiddz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally found time to perform the update and it worked flawlessly ("beer money" headed your way Matt!) but I have a couple small issues. The root hack seemingly worked. WiFi hotspot and tethering both work and all my "root required" apps work save one; Titanium Backup. It loads fine, doesn't spit out any errors until about 3/4 of the way through a full backup, then it complains it doesn't have root access and can't continue. Superuser had an Allow rule for TB but I went ahead and deleted it and let Superuser create a new one with my next TB launch. No change.

Uninstalled TB, rebooted the phone and reinstalled. Same issue as described above. Tried a new backup location (both internal and external) with the same results. I did not do the data wipe install (mainly out of laziness.. hehehe) but am thinking I'd like to do so in the near future.... *IF* I can get a backup done.

Safestrap installed ok, and I can install recovery, but Safe System is not active. Thinking this may just be my very limited knowledge of how SS works...

Last issue is the screen brightness. With ICS, I left it on Auto and it worked pretty well. Auto under JB leaves the screen VERY dim most of the time... Any way to tweak the default auto setting a bit?

Other than that, I'm very satisfied. Phone used to eat 80% of the battery between morning when it came off the charger and bedtime. Last night, the battery was at 70% at bedtime. Me gusto!

#104 Skiddz, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. exploit172

exploit172 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice Tutorial!

:biggrin:
    But i want to know what j should do being unrooted and safestrap still installed?

10. vertigoelectric

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a strange problem that's really getting on my nerves. I've only found one other person who has the same problem but there was no solution. I'm hoping someone here can help me with it.

I have the Droid RAZR XT912 and I'm using Windows 7 with the Droid RAZR Jelly Bean utility. I followed the steps (method 2, no wipe) and everything seemed to be going okay at first.

The first oddity I noticed was after a reboot when the device was updating/optimizing apps. The bottom third of the screen was covered with strange graphical artifacts. I didn't think it was important. Shortly after updating the apps it said "Updating Media Database". This step seemed to be in some kind of endless loop. It would go away for a few seconds then come back again, over and over. I waited a while (even went to the kitchen and had some food and came back) but it kept doing this. It's important note now that the graphical artifacts were bad during this stage. The screen flickered, the bottom third had "boxy" looking artifacts and the right third of the screen kept shifting a lot.

I forced a reboot on the phone and after that it rebooted normally and for the most part, it seemed that the flash was successful. I was booted into a new lock screen and I could tell the update itself seemed successful but I kept getting those graphical artifacts and display issues. When I unlocked it I was given some setup steps. I chose English for my language, and blah blah blah (I don't remember every tiny detail). When I got to the part that asked me to Sync data, I couldn't continue (it's like a "Next" button was missing or something). The whole procedure was made more difficult due to the display issues.

I started the whole process over, this time choosing to wipe the data (method 1) just in case that would help. It did not. This time it did not get stuck at a "Updating Media Database" part, but the graphical issues remain.

The other person that had this problem was able to supply pictures of what it looks like. Please check here for that: How to Upgrade to And Root Jelly Bean on Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

I'm replying here because it might have something to do with the utility, but if you think this post should go somewhere else, I apologize.

I certainly hope someone can help me. I will provide any additional details you might need to help me solve this issue. Thank you!!!

EDIT: The other guy said he tried this and it didn't help, but I found someone else with the same problem and they tried the video instructions and they said it helped them, so I tried it and it DID help me. The graphical glitches are gone now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9lPw5Lxpx4&feature=player_embedded#t=27&hd=1

#106 vertigoelectric, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  11. pltctytc

pltctytc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    too bad this utility doesn't work when already on 4.1.2....all you get is bootlooping right away or a day down the road.
    had to do the sbf with rsd lite to get things right

12. coldchill

coldchill New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, Matt...you are a lifesaver. I sent you some beer money as a token of my appreciation...might I suggest a wet hop IPA, there are some good ones to be enjoyed this time of year.

I used your utility to reflash my RAZR that would lock up in boot. I had gone the factory reset route and managed to get it working for a few days, but it would spontaneously reboot and freeze.

I downloaded your utility, unzipped the files, installed the 64 bit windows drivers, ran the app, booted my phone to fastboot and plugged it in. Pushed 1 and just a couple of minutes later have a phone that behaves better than when new. I haven't gone so far as to root it, but I'm just happy to have a working phone. Since I'm 8 months from the end of our contract, my only options were to use my old droid incredible or to pony up the replacement phone cash. With kids and the holidays coming up, the replacement phone was not an option. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

(it was also very nice of you to respond to my donation with a thank you note)

-Gale

Search tags for this page

droid razr utility

droid razr utility jelly bean

droid razr utility jellybean xt912
droid razr utility xt912
droid razr utility xt912 jelly bean
droid razr utility xt912 jellybean
droidrazr/utility/droid razr utility jellybean xt912 winmacl
razr blade root utility
razr blade utility
razr utility