[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nope, it never really gave me a chance to. As soon as it booted up i went straight to smart actions and clicked get started, then battery, save, home, and hit enter on my comp like it said. That's why i'm confused lol.

Well that would tell you why. You need to do that when asked. Not right away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Well that would tell you why. You need to do that when asked. Not right away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't aware that it prompted me to select smart actions during the initial setup. The instructions gave me the impression that i had to go do that part on my own. Sry i guess i misunderstood them. I'll give it another shot now and start over from the initial flashing of the jellybean update.

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
But just outta curiosity, once the update's flashed to the phone and it reboots into the OS where option 3 says it needs to be....wouldn't i have already went through the setup with everything? Or do i abort the initial setup at the first chance i get? I guess i just need to know exactly when to start option 3 in the utility.

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Third time was a charm, i just waited awhile then clicked the smart actions icon on the left homescreen and did everything and it passed this time. Thanks Matt

ottoguy

Reaction score
Just to verify, can this be run against a phone that has received the OTA update correctly? I updated using OTA and all was good, but last night after rebooting the phone it went into a boot loop where it would crash 30 seconds after it booted and restart. I tried unisntalling recent apps and un-freezing recent apps with no luck. Just going to wipe and start clean.

freakboy555

Reaction score
Just to verify, can this be run against a phone that has received the OTA update correctly? I updated using OTA and all was good, but last night after rebooting the phone it went into a boot loop where it would crash 30 seconds after it booted and restart. I tried unisntalling recent apps and un-freezing recent apps with no luck. Just going to wipe and start clean.

I was hoping this question would be answered today. I assume with it being fastboot that it should not be a problem.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I was hoping this question would be answered today. I assume with it being fastboot that it should not be a problem.

This is a fastboot of 98.72.16, so your inclination to believe it will work should be accurate. I'm sure Matt would jump in and correct us if it weren't safe to flash over top of an existing 98.72.16 install.

ottoguy

Reaction score
I did the Flash with Data Wipe yesterday and it flashed back so none of the apps were installed and everything worked, but it didn't seem to wipe the data. I was still able to see all of my backups in Titanium backup. So I then did a factory restore with data wipe and that cleaned it all up. Thought the factory restore still didn't wipe/format the external SD card. So it is possible to use the utility on an already jelly bean device, it just may not wipe the data.

jsandy

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your work. I posted this in another section of the forum but I am still not clear. I am on a DRM that I've rooted and am on .215. Before I brick this thing (people over 60 shouldn't be allowed to walk around with computers in their pocket :biggrin:) can I apply this over .215 or do I have to roll back to .211 first. FoxKat was nice enough to give me this link as an "alternate" method of getting where I was wanting to go, however, I wasn't sure if it was an alternative to "classroom 1" or I should do "classroom 1 (roll back to .211)" and this is an alternative to taking the OTA. From what I've read here I'm pretty sure that I can just apply Droid Razr Utility XT912 (it is .215 XT 912 after all) but I don't want to pull the trigger, so to speak, without being more confident. Thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Stickied this thread as it deserves to be at the top of the list.

jo_p

Reaction score
So my issue is a little strange. I've extracted the .zip file to its own folder on the desktop. installed the drivers and everything went smoothly. When i double click the utility it opens just fine and when i hit a button to start it it closes. i've tried running it as admin and that didn't work either. something i missed? thanks.

dt137

Reaction score
Finally it worked..lol. Thanks for all the threads to help me out! What I did I just started at #1 and installed everything, followed the instructions as is and it worked. I guess it goes without saying but I didnt read the part where it said to do all the options 1 thru 4, 5 if you donate.dancedroid :hail: :icon_ lala:

ali_298

Reaction score
OK, so this is my first time rooting. I probably made a simple beginners mistake, but when I went through the process using Terminal (I'm running on a mac) I picked my option (3), did the battery saver, it said that it was rebooting device but it never did. It just skipped right through the phases and then it said it was completed. It repeated: "LinuxMacUtility.sh: line 438: ./adb.osx: No such file or directory". What am I missing? Thanks!

razilla

Reaction score
So my issue is a little strange. I've extracted the .zip file to its own folder on the desktop. installed the drivers and everything went smoothly. When i double click the utility it opens just fine and when i hit a button to start it it closes. i've tried running it as admin and that didn't work either. something i missed? thanks.

The same here, could anyone help us?!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Once again Matt you come through. Was able to root my phone with no issue and run the entitlement hack to get my hotspot back. Thank you sir. Will be donating when I gets paid.