[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It does not say waiting for device. It is plugged in.

If it doesn't say waiting the its not running or looking for your phone. As per directions did you extract the utility to its own folder on your desktop? If you are running inside a zip it will NOT work or even look for the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jtelander

Reaction score
I bet that is the problem. I am on a different computer. Where can I get the correct motorola drivers? what version?

And.....by the way.... Thank you for the help!

IMO Nothing says "thank you" better than a donation using the link Matt provides at the bottom of each post.

maestro_tpt

Reaction score
In my haste, I didn't extract the files. WOW, I feel bad for wasting your time, but at least you were able to tell me what I was doing wrong! Got it, though. It appears I lost root. I had used voodoo ota rootkeeper before.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
In my haste, I didn't extract the files. WOW, I feel bad for wasting your time, but at least you were able to tell me what I was doing wrong! Got it, though. It appears I lost root. I had used voodoo ota rootkeeper before.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Quote from OP..
- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

This would have saved us both a lot of grief if you read these. I don't want to seem rude and I try to help everyone with issues on every forum that I can... but really?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks matt! Wasn't even considering upgrading to jb from 215 until I saw this. Once I download post upgrade on my next day off I'll use your magic "buy me a six-pack" link to, well, buy you a six pack. Thanks again

Snowmanham

Reaction score
Just getting a few things straight before I do this.
I have used your other utilities and they worked great.
I am running ICS 215 and I am rooted.
Can I just run this utility and go straight to jellybean or do I have to go back to 211 and unroot.

From reading the posts on here I can and that would be great.

Thanks in advance

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And i can use Voodoo Rootkeeper to restore root privileges afterwards?
P.s. donation coming your way bro, thanks for the help and hard work.
No but you can root using the included RAZR Blade exploit by Djrbliss.

OTA Rootkeeper works by protecting your root in /system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup and using this fastboot replaces the whole system partition.

Thanks for the donation.

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
No but you can root using the included RAZR Blade exploit by Djrbliss.

OTA Rootkeeper works by protecting your root in /system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup and using this fastboot replaces the whole system partition.

Thanks for the donation.

Ok sooooooo, i went ahead and ran the root exploit in the utility but came across a problem. I'll try to attach an image of it here if the forum will let me.
View attachment 61252

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok sooooooo, i went ahead and ran the root exploit in the utility but came across a problem. I'll try to attach an image of it here if the forum will let me.
View attachment 61252

You need a data wipe. Updated or Used Smart actions makes it not work.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wiped data and cache twice each from recovery then re-selected option 1. Waited for it to finish, then selected the Razr blade option. And it failed again with the same problems and some new one's at the end.

View attachment 61255

Did you update smart actions after booting? Not supposed to if you did.

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Did you update smart actions after booting? Not supposed to if you did.

Nope, it never really gave me a chance to. As soon as it booted up i went straight to smart actions and clicked get started, then battery, save, home, and hit enter on my comp like it said. That's why i'm confused lol.