[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So i used your utility and chose option 1 (coming from gingerbread). My phone is now pretty messed up. When I boot, I get the dualcore motorola symbol and then it shows an android laying down with his chest open and an error logo. What should I do? I can still boot up into AP fastboot. I have tried doing option 1 again and even tried doing option 7. Please advise!

Option 1 was for people that are on ICS and need to flash to stock, you were not supposed to use that if you were on GB. The past two people that did this I believe ended up having to get a new phone, they tried to use the Fastboot files for GB and it made their phone worse.

The only thing that "might" work is using the 1.7 version of the utility and use option 2 to fix a stuck ICS, but you are going to need to download the actual update zip for ICS and have that on your external sd card.

Abstraktion

Reaction score
Awesome, glad that the forums are still concise. :-\ I'm not going to be too excited if I find out that my razr is dead. I'll try that out, anybody else have any suggestions as well?

I tried the suggestion above and my phone won't even boot into recovery to flash the rom (original 6.16.211) onto the phone. I get "Invalid Flash Mode (S)(Boot Failure)" whenever I try to boot the phone into recovery.

Last edited:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
First off, it was NOT clear in the OP that you already needed to be on the OTA update in order to use the root process.

should be a disclaimer which also says "NOTE IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE FIRST"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm on it!! :icon_eek:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Edit done. Thanks for the alerts everyone. Since this was posted by MattLGroff, and since he's so used to people following him, I think it simply was understood that people would know this was an ICS utility.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
First off, it was NOT clear in the OP that you already needed to be on the OTA update in order to use the root process.

should be a disclaimer which also says "NOTE IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE FIRST"

Hey Bilgediver, check your PM! :biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks FoxKat! Excellent edit! And thanks for the suggestion Bilgediver!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Thanks, i was "one of those" i know first hand. Since i literally just bought it full price (unlimited ftw), that day, i was more than a little frustrated.

I was able to convince the manager at Verizon nearest that " i went to update, clicked ok and when i came back it was bricked", which wasnt too far off the mark anyway.

I think im going to wait a bit before i try it again.

As someone who has done rooting tutorials (lookup on youtube rooting the toshiba thrive outdated), i know that because of what rooting entails, you have to really be sure that the person rooting literally has all the information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jjjc1110

Reaction score
vL0oM.png

NOTE: This utility is for ICS ROMs ONLY. IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO ICS FIRST, either via OTA or otherwise.

Droid RAZR Utility 1.8
RoaP5.png

NOTE: IF YOU ARE STILL ON GINGERBREAD THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO ICS FIRST.

Now includes the latest Motorola USB Drivers (install them before doing anything!) AND RSD Lite 5.7. As well as failsafe batches in a seperate folder if you are getting user-generated issues or computer-generated issues
wink.png

Functions of 1.8:
  • Fastboot Restore 6.16.211 (ICS 4.0.4 Official OTA Software). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
  • Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4. This root exploit by the awesome Dan Rosenberg roots our ICS 4.0.4. Have your phone plugged in with USB Debugging enabled and the USB Mode set to MTP or Camera. (If Devices still not found, please factory reset your phone for the root to work, this is of course if installing the drivers did not work).
  • Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App. With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Install Bootstrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Install Safestrap Recovery App (ICS version). With the phone booted and on USB Debugging enabled (not USB Mode Mass Storage as well), this will install the app.
  • Flash 6.16.211 boot img (official kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.) [This option is to undo Option 7]
  • Flash 6.16.214 boot.img (leaked kernel). Put the phone into AP Fastboot mode and run the option. (Power the phone on with holding both volume buttons + power button.)
Help! Blah blah is not working!
  • Read the instructions above.
  • Read the readme files in the Utility.
  • Read the 1.7 Help Thread.
  • Go into the chatroom.
  • Post in a help thread.
  • Please do not contact me directly your question has probably been answers a million times already
    smile.png

But if you have to... then I guess go for it. I prefer email to Private Message: [email protected]
Download (md5 is: 6972C7F233883784928E53F562E4456A )

will this work with the leaked .215

aalb1

Reaction score
So this is my first rooted phone... and now I have a warranty replacement where I'd like to transfer EVERYTHING over. Is that what the Fastboot Restore does (option 1)? Or am I suppose to use Titanium Back Up only? Or a combination of the two of these?

#TryingToPlayCatchUpWithTheRootingGame

jaybogg

Reaction score
Matt (Mattlgroff) you once again saved me with your sweet utility. Thanks! And BTW I had low battery and could not flash, so I found this thread over on XDA as a workaround to not being able to charge phone in order to flash.

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

tekkiegrrl, this is a great find with the potential of helping an even wider audience as people have been running their batteries down for various reasons other than flashing. Thanks for the link!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
aalb1 said:
So this is my first rooted phone... and now I have a warranty replacement where I'd like to transfer EVERYTHING over. Is that what the Fastboot Restore does (option 1)? Or am I suppose to use Titanium Back Up only? Or a combination of the two of these?

#TryingToPlayCatchUpWithTheRootingGame

Use TiBU to back up everything. And then you will need to root your new phone to restore- reinstall from TiBU. In addition you could also use MyBackup. If you didn't want to root right away you can then use MyBackup to restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums