[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good Lord! That was succinct and to the point! Thanks! So, fdr after a fastboot should wipe user info and accomplish the same as sbf....correct?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Good Lord! That was succinct and to the point! Thanks! So, fdr after a fastboot should wipe user info and accomplish the same as sbf....correct?

Yes it shall, 94LT1 recommends doing two FDR's back to back just to make sure you get everything. I tend to concur.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I appreciate you clearing this up for me.....and others as well. :)

itzjusmee

Reaction score
Don't go running for the razr blades just yet (pun intended), the .215 leak actually is a big improvement on the stock .211 ICS if you are interested in that. I would highly recommend it and one of our own users MattyP did a great thread on how to upgrade to it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

none taken at all haha. i suppose i'll give it a whirl, after all i'm sure it can't be any worse than the trash verizon and motorola provided us. thanks syd, appreciate the help.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
none taken at all haha. i suppose i'll give it a whirl, after all i'm sure it can't be any worse than the trash verizon and motorola provided us. thanks syd, appreciate the help.

Not a problem at all, the process is pretty easy and I think you will be pleased with the results.

Caraujo11

Reaction score
I noticed the " I dislike foxfi" thread it also upgrades you to .215. Its also telling me to install voodoo. Root the phone, unroot it ,download .215 and restore the root. It seems like a lot but is it really as easy as it looks in the thread? I want to try it but I'm getting a little nervous.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I noticed the " I dislike foxfi" thread it also upgrades you to .215. Its also telling me to install voodoo. Root the phone, unroot it ,download .215 and restore the root. It seems like a lot but is it really as easy as it looks in the thread? I want to try it but I'm getting a little nervous.

OH yeah it is really easy, the instructions are spot on and easy to follow.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Caraujo11 said:
What mode do I have to put my phone in when i connect it to the computer?

Connect it as a media device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
no way im reading through all of this. can someone confirm for me that i can use this utlility to root .215 it says .211 and .214 would i treat as if it were still .211
thanks in advance for any input

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your welcome. I did the same thing following the same thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums