[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by mattlgroff, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +675
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    This utility is for ICS, he was saying it will brick a phone on Gingerbread. There are no fastboot files for JB yet, thus no utility. Just have to wait and hope Matt makes a new utility once the files get leaked, assuming they do.

2. Kegapult

Kegapult New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used this utility months ago. flawless and fast. no problems what so ever. Now Verizon has pushed out new update and it keeps asking me if i want to install to which I select "later". Can someone please tell OTA update will work with root or will it brick my phone. Thanks to anyone who helps

3. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,448
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    Hi kegapult & welcome to df. Using the voodoo root keeper app, protect your root then temporarily unroot to take the OTA update. After the update, you can restore root. You should update fine IF you are on stock ICS version .211 with no deleted bloat (disabled bloat is fine because the bloat still exists but if you deleted the bloat, it may cause the OTA to fail).

If you're not sure whether you deleted any bloat then you could always run the utility option 1 to fully restore .211.

Hope this helps answer your question. Feel free to ask away if there is anything else.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

4. Kegapult

Kegapult New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for replying to me first off, secondly this update is for jellybean does that matter with root

5. felixthecat1285

felixthecat1285 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have 4.0.4

I have been trying to find this 1.8 tool kit which i cant find any links to or download from anywhere do you have any directions in which you can point me in.

6. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
  7. jimcbb

jimcbb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is the ****ing link for the download?????

8. rev.buttons

rev.buttons Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I think I may have bricked my phone but not sure. I followed the directions at Droidrazrroot.com and used the utility 1.8. when it was done running I restarted the phone but it still turned on to the jbx kernel screen and then went black. nothing else happened. I had to run out after that and when I came back home I tried it again but it said everything failed because the battery was low(oh sh*t right). Well I plugged it in, I hope it will charge but I don't know. also after searching my comuter I found the original files I used to root were the utility jellybean xt912. So is it possible that I just bricked it and if so is there a way to unbrick? thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Search tags for this page
/system supports root protection
1.8 utility
1.8 utility thread

droid razr utility

droid razr utility xt910
droidrazrutility
matt groffs razr utility
mattlgroff
razr utility
razr utility xt910