[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by mattlgroff, Jul 12, 2012.

1. akiles

akiles New Member

It is unbelievable how verizon is rewarding their old customers (the ones with the old unlim. data.) I've been with them since 2002!
    I still remember my first old windows phone -before the iphone was on the map- with the stylus and the "resistive?" screen and a whooping 128mb of ram.
    Battery life: 2hr on standby; 45min if you made a phone call; and as big as a brick.

2. GoDux

GoDux New Member

Option 1, sorry. The last time it seemed to hang i just unplugged my phone but did not shut down the utility. Upon returning to my computer the utility showed this prompt, awaiting device. I set to AP fastboot and plugged it back in and the utility continued. Now it's on the 3rd line of writing preinstall and has been doing so for going on 15 minutes.
  3. GoDux

GoDux New Member

Finally made it through option 1. When I tried to boot the phone up I got the dead droid screen. Now when I try to boot it the dual core screen comes up and then it appears to turn back off. Anybody?
  4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Choosing Option 1 will not work if you are on GB now. Those are the Fastboot files for people that are on ICS and have problems, you can't just flash those onto any phone. I am not sure what you should do now, maybe use the 1.7 Utility for a stuck ICS and have the GB update on your SD card and install from there?

You "MIGHT" be able to use the 1.6 Utility and option 1 to restore back to .181, but I do not know that for sure so I would not try it until someone else chimes in. I don't want you to mess your phone up anymore, I would recommend reading a bit more before trying stuff like this.

I think your only option would be to use the 1.7 utility for fix a stuck ICS, that will trick your phone into thinking you are on the .181 boot.img and loader. From there you "MIGHT" be able to have the .181 update on your Ext-SD card and install it from there, or even if you have the ICS update .211 on your SD Card you "MIGHT" be able to load that one instead and be on stock ICS.

Again might wait for someone else to chime in on this one, and as always READ READ READ then PROCEED. :)
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. GoDux

GoDux New Member

Yeah, my bad on this one . I misunderstood the direction I was given when using the utility. The phone won't even turn on at this point, not even to the dual core screen. I'll continue to sesrch for solutions before biying the bullet and getting a new device.
  6. Sydman

If you do some searching there are some threads on how you can get your phone to take a charge, or you can buy one of those special charging cables. I can't think of what they call it right now, someone will hopefully know but that will make your phone get a charge so you can try and flash a new OS.

I would not give up just yet, might be able to get you fixed up still.
  7. GoDux

GoDux New Member

The phone was fully charged when i began the process. It did take about an hour to finish though. Could it be another issue keeping it from booting possibly?
  8. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I have 1.6 ... and option 1 is "restore Droid Razr to Gingerbread 6.12.181"
  9. Sydman

No this happens quite often when you get to flashing and can't get your phone into a working state. It is unable to take a charge which is why they always say have your battery at least 80% charged, which I am sure you did. Yet you have been working on it for awhile and probably drained the battery quite a bit.
  10. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

This worked perfectly. 0 issues. Thank you Matt!
  11. jstwinkles

jstwinkles New Member

So, I apparently made a similar mistake as GoDux, and tried to use this utility to upgrade to ICS from GB. Does anyone know if my phone is bricked for good? In the process of mucking everything up, I also ran option 6 with the utility. Going to try using version 1.6 of the utility. Hopefully, that does the trick.
  12. Sydman

I wouldn't. That made his phone worse. I would beg for the assistance of Mattlgroff over at Droidrzr.com. If you don't have the same errors he GoDux has now you might be in better shape.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.
  13. jstwinkles

jstwinkles New Member

Ah, okay. Right now, it just gets to the Droid Dual Core screen, then goes black. I don't have any trouble getting into recovery or fastboot flash mode. I made a titanium backup of the phone on my sd card, but recovery isn't showing stuff on the sd card, only the stuff on the internal storage. If I could somehow move that over, I think I could fix it. Any idea how I could do that with the phone in its current state?

Aside from getting this thing fixed, how should I have gone about trying to manually update? The OTA update never came through, and when I tried to trigger it manually through the settings screen, it gave me a message about needing a Verizon Service account, or something like that. However, when I would try to proceed with setting that up, it just sits there for a while, then says it's taking longer than expected, and stops. It was rooted btw.

Thanks for anything in advance!
  14. Sydman

You could have downloaded the update.zip and put it on your Ext SD card and used the 1.7 utility to get you to ICS.

Now however I am not sure which route to take, it is pretty obvious the 1.6 utility didn't work for GoDex.

So there is a chance the 1.7 utility to fix a stuck ICS install "MIGHT" work for you. Again though you would need the update on your ext sd card and a working knowledge of that utility. Might still be best to see help or wait for more opinions. I would make sure you don't run your battery down in doing all of this, might power it off and leave it plugged into the wall charger for awhile.
  15. jstwinkles

jstwinkles New Member

Downloading the fastboot files for an OTA update now. Going to try and flash it via RSD Lite.
  16. Kyle06

Kyle06 New Member

So quick question if I wanted to downgrade from .215 would I just have to run option 6?

Thank you learning slowly but surely
    getting more daring everyday :p
  17. Sydman

No that will just change your boot.img.
  18. Kyle06

Kyle06 New Member

So when the next ota comes out how would I downgrade, just trying to get a idea, and I'm running stock
  19. Sydman

They have a downgrade package to get you from .214 back to .211 so maybe they will come out with one for .215. Other than that you should be able to use the 1.7 utility to get you back to .211, or some say you can just use the Fastboot files but I have not tested that so I will not recommend that as an option in case in bricks your phone.
  20. roaddaw9

roaddaw9 New Member

Ok, so I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I just need to download the utility and I can root ICS? Also, how do I get back to unrooted for future upgrades? Sorry been out of this loop for a bit
Search tags for this page
1.8 utility

droid razr utility

droid razr utility 1.8

droid razr utility 1.8 download
droid razr utility 1.81
droid razr utility 1.81 windows
droid razr utility 1.82
droid razr utility 1.82 download
droidrazrutility
mattlgroff
razr utility