[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

3n1gm4

Reaction score
Is there an alternate way to download the .zip file? It's taking extremely long. (estimated 6 hours) Thanks.

montrel91

Reaction score
When i try to run utility i the options come up no matter what i put it either says adb or moto-root cannot be found as an internal or external command someone pls help

Reginar

Reaction score
As a European user of your utility, is there any way in which I can 'edit' your utility (with copy and pasting, or a bit of line-editing) to use a different version for option number 1 than the US one? I have the european file that I should use instead, being 672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU

If not, thanks anyway for the great program!

Krenzy

Reaction score
Ok so I have been reading, but havent quite found what I'm looking for. I cannot install the drivers; whenever I do I get the installation screen, the gray bar goes all the way across, but I get an error box telling me "A network error occured while attempting to read the file....etc". I click OK and it tells me the installer was interuppte before the drivers could be installed, and I need to restart the installer. I've exited and retried countless times. What am I doing wong? It's the correct XP 32 bit file; can I skip the install of the drivers? I am honestly a rooting noob, I've been reading about it for awhile, and I want to root because everyone says its so easy, but I just can't do it. As dumb as it sounds, I need someone ro walk me through this one step at a time. I'm not much of a computer guy, and our laptop is not new by any stretch. I had to deleted files in order to make room for the Utility lol. I'd sure appreciate help.

EDIT: I should add I'm on the .215 leak, and managed to do THAT by myself lol.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would go to Motorola's site and try downloading new drivers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

striker85

Reaction score
Yup, dead link. google is coming up with the same link on other forums too. Could someone host this somewhere else and link it?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yup, dead link. google is coming up with the same link on other forums too. Could someone host this somewhere else and link it?
Ok guys, not sure if you've tried this or not. The RazrUtility 1.82 .zip (latest version of the utility) has a drivers file in it. In the drivers file there is a set of drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit. If you click on the appropriate installer package it should install the drivers to your machine. At least it worked for me the last time I installed the utility. Here is a link to the 1.82 utility: Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com. You can also use the 1.81 utility and it too has a drivers folder. You may have to uninstall any previous Motorola drivers that you have on your PC. When installing the drivers just make sure you give the pc time to accomplish the install. Sometimes I've seen users interrupt the install process and the utility will not run. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Oreo_Collas

Reaction score
Hello. I'm having a little trouble with rooting my Droid Razr. If any one can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Phone
System Version: 6.16.211.XT912
Android Version 4.0.4
Running ICS.

PC
Windows 7 Home Premium

*Downloaded the Droid Razr Utility. I thought I got 1.81 but the batman screen says 1.82.
*Downloaded and installed all motorola drivers from the Motorola website.
*Enabled USB debugging
*Enabled Unknown sources
*Plugged phone into computer using stock USB cable that came with phone.
*Enabled MTP

When I start the Droid Razr Utility I get the batman screen asking to press any ket to continue.
When I press any key the utility closes.

*Attempted to run as admin
*Followed the step by step directions at this link http://geekswithblog...-windows-7.aspx and added ;C:\Windows\System32
*Attempted to download DRU 1.81 but can't seem to find any working links.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Oreo_Collas

Reaction score
Try this link instead. See if you have better luck.
I did try that link and did not get any better results from it.

Aditional info:
*I downloaded the root only utility from here
*It seems to have installed and run normally.
*When I install and run "Wireless Tether for Root Users" It runs as it should.
*I get a super user prompt asking if I want to allow access
*My computer does not find the hot spot.