[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

tha rockstar

Reaction score
And it runned smooth on yours? See i had a D2G before my Maxx and i was use to doin it all wit my phone no PC required. It was easy to me seemed like. But my Maxx having to use a PC is new to me

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It went as smooth as silk. I have always used a PC to root. I can't imagine doing it from your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

tha rockstar

Reaction score
It was easy. Used Z2root runned exploit right on phone. I downloaded HeXen ROM moved it to SDcard and flashed into recovery flashing tha ROM. Simple to me that way. Once i root my Maxx I'm wanna be able to tether so i can have my PC on internet

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4root was pretty cool. And you don't even have to root to tether. Just install Foxfi from the market

swc2001

Reaction score
ok so i soft bricked my phone when a Nandroid wouldnt load properly. I tried it twice it failed twice. so i thot i would just reboot back into safestrap and try again. nope she soft bricked. so i forgot to get the new tool and used 1.5 somthin or another. it kept failing. so i then found 1.8 tool. i used it and it only failed on boot .211 or somthing like that. well it then put me into Stock Recovery so i wiped and then rebooted. well it seemed to boot up normal. the only thing was that my data was only 3g and my xontacts werent syncing. so i rooted and put on an older Nandroid. it all worked..... but i still have no 4g . some one help please!!

swc2001

Reaction score
ok so i soft bricked my phone when a Nandroid wouldnt load properly. I tried it twice it failed twice. so i thot i would just reboot back into safestrap and try again. nope she soft bricked. so i forgot to get the new tool and used 1.5 somthin or another. it kept failing. so i then found 1.8 tool. i used it and it only failed on boot .211 or somthing like that. well it then put me into Stock Recovery so i wiped and then rebooted. well it seemed to boot up normal. the only thing was that my data was only 3g and my xontacts werent syncing. so i rooted and put on an older Nandroid. it all worked..... but i still have no 4g . some one help please!!

Alright Thanks to 1.81 My phone is fixed. No Errors and I have 4G LTE again.
for those who may have had the same problem as me.... I went here
Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only! - DroidRzr.com

THANK YOU BATMAN!!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
FYI the only difference between the 1.8 utility and the 1.81 are the drivers included. I think what fixed it for you was doing a factory data reset and running the utility again. However I am glad you got your phone up and running, that is always a good feeling.

swc2001

Reaction score
Hmm thats weird. I know that at the end of the restore the first time it ended very abruptly during the radio flash. And the Radio seemed to be the problem.
However when flashed the second time.... it went smooth as glass, and everything came out good.

But what ever the reason it worked I dont care. LOL IT WORKED!!

And you are so right. That is a very good feeling.

Lunatic

Reaction score
Quick question.. do you have to "unroot" to switch between bootstrap and safestrap? i installed bootstrap first and im interested in roms? is there any good roms for the razr?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

fldino

Reaction score
TisMyDroid,rooted my maxx after reading your post,everything went fine, thanks for your post

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks fldino!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums