[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are on Gingerbread right now then yes this utility will get you back to stock .181.

As far as this utility bricking your phone, that is a no. You using the utility improperly that will brick the phone, follow instructions and you will be fine.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you use RazrUtility 1.6 option 1 it will restore your phone to .181. It will return you phone to stock...just like you got it out of the box brand new. If you have deleted any apps it WILL NOT replace what you have deleted (apps or bloatware). If you have delete any apps that you had to have root to delete then you will have to replace those apps APK before being able to get the OTA update from .181 to ICS. Apps that you deleted that did not require root do not have to be replaced. Running this utility will not brick your phone. As long as you can get into AP Fastboot and able to select option 1 you will be just fine. Hope this answers your questions.

positivehxcgo

Reaction score
I just used Matt's utility to sbf and clean install .181 (same version I was on previously).

Once completed, the phone booted to the M logo, showed Andy with a cereal box, installed a package (status bar filled with orange), then rebooted and won't proceed past M logo.

I force shutdown and go into recovery, and select Wipe Cache - and the phone does nothing.

Any ideas?

I then thought it may be the download, so I downloaded the SBF and used RSD lite and tried again... no luck.

Any help is appreciated.. I'm really stumped here.. Kinda up creek without a paddle... and a phone.

:blink:

positivehxcgo

Reaction score
*Update*

So after re-flashing 8 times, I've been able to at least get to the "welcome" screen to begin android setup.. I am then greeted with the following errors:

"The application IMSCServer (process com.motorola.android.server.ims) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
"The process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
"The application Smart Actions (process com.motorola.contextual.smartrules) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm sure there are more stacked underneath, but every time I hit force close, a new one pops up or repeats itself... It appears to be flashing incorrectly every time I fastboot which is causing the errors... I've been able to clear the cache and data/factory reset in recovery, but the errors won't go away.

After fiddling with the force closes for about 2 minutes after the phone boots, it freezes.

Anyone have any ideas on a an alternative way to ensure a clean flash?

Last edited:

Edub594

Reaction score
Hey, so I kinda figured this wouldn't work in my case, tried it anyway, and bricked my phone.
I was running the Jelly Bean update that came out over christmas and tried to go back to gingerbread, terrible idea.
The following Image is what I recieved, it wasn't able to write the boot process or some of the other stuff, anyone know of any way to fix it?
View attachment 60969

Phone now shows motorola logo, then blank black screen, the screen is on, but black. I am able to get to the menu with power and up and down volume keys, but that's it as far as I know.

I would also like to add that this is not the developer's fault, it is mine for using it in a way it was not intended to be.

UPDATE: Nevermind, found help for my problem here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html

Last edited: