[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Reaction score
Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this and hopefully, you guys won't get pissed at me. I had forgotten about what I did earlier this morning to my phone in order to stop the updates. I had read about a method of blocking the updates, by renaming /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.bak. I had done that very early this morning, after rooting the phone, but had forgotten about it until I was going through my notes. I just renamed it back and now I have an "Updater 2.3.6" that I was able to Freeze. I no longer have the "com.motorola.blur.updater" showing at all when I filter on "update".

I am really sorry for 1) trashing up this thread with my personal issue and 2) wasting everyone's time. That wasn't my intent. I just totally forgotten that I had done this earlier.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this and hopefully, you guys won't get pissed at me. I had forgotten about what I did earlier this morning to my phone in order to stop the updates. I had read about a method of blocking the updates, by renaming /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk to /system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.bak. I had done that very early this morning, after rooting the phone, but had forgotten about it until I was going through my notes. I just renamed it back and now I have an "Updater 2.3.6" that I was able to Freeze. I no longer have the "com.motorola.blur.updater" showing at all when I filter on "update".

I am really sorry for 1) trashing up this thread with my personal issue and 2) wasting everyone's time. That wasn't my intent. I just totally forgotten that I had done this earlier.

We don't get pissed here :) Everyone had made mistakes or done something wrong, it's no big deal. That's what makes this forum great, peeps helping out their fellow peeps.

But that does explain the line through that app LMAO

It's all good, glad you got it figured out. :biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OHHHHHHH okay, it all makes sense now. No problem at all, at least you know you won't get the update now.

furbymac

Reaction score
root

ok i am about to pull my hair out. i have downloaded the utility, unziped it on the root of my c: drive, ran the utility in every usb mode that isn't mass storage and it isn't working. it comes up and says

nic_adn

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First of all apologies for the noobish behaviour which preceeded my posting his thread.

In my haste to upgrade OTA to ICS I have run step 1 of the 1.6 utility on a rooted stock GSM EU RAZR XT910. I did this thinking I needed to undo the root and some bloatware removal actions I performed back in March when I bought the phone. The step 1 flash failed on loads of lines (I can perform the flash again if any would be resucers wants/needs the error dump?) and now am bootloader stuck with the error

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (flash Failure)
0A.6B

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program

I've done some reading here and on XDA, I think I just need to flash the stock EU GSM file using RSDlite - I thought I had found the right file on EternityProject:

SPDREM_U_01.6.5.1-73_SPU-11-M1-2-ULB_1C.85P_0A.6B_DATDE_CFC_HWp2b_SIGNED.xml

However the phone returns fail on 6/20 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin_signed"

Could anyone point me in the direction?

Thanks

Nic

silentgun

Reaction score
Does anyone use this forum? if so, when im in fastboot mode, just type number one after unzipping the file and everything should do its thing, after the update i can OTA ICS no problem?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum silentgun, in theory yes those are the steps to do it. Are you running into problems?

silentgun

Reaction score
Thank you for answering! and no i have not done anything to my phone... yet. Just did the root and changing of the starting animation, apparently flashed a theme too, and changed the back round to the slide down screen. I was reading about bloatware or something that had to be deleted? and if this isntal thing goes wrong, is there any chance of my phone getting bricked?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

silentgun

Reaction score
I understand anything could happen when i do stuff to the phone, but if run this program without doing anything to the bloatware, then is there a good chance of it getting bricked? After i run ICS im not doing any more roots to avoid this problem again. I just want to get ics OTA and call it a day. problem is not bricking my phone along the way. So, assuming just things i said were done to the phone, then is there a good chance of it not getting bricked?

silentgun

Reaction score
any ideas? or will this program write over everything no matter what i did to the phone.

cybertron

Reaction score
Are you asking if this app will help you get back to stock? I.don't think they understand your question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

silentgun

Reaction score
Yes that is my basic question along with the fear of bricking the phone while using it.