[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

mighkey

Reaction score
Spoke too soon, went throught the motions, still not rooted, now it is waiting for device and won't connect...

blindxsquirrel

Reaction score
Im trying to fast boot back to .181 so i can update to ics and I keep getting an error any suggestions?-

(Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing)

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
Im trying to fast boot back to .181 so i can update to ics and I keep getting an error any suggestions?-

(Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing)

Sounds like a bad download to me, try re-downloading the fastboot file or the utility that you're using

Reaction score
I was able to download and use the 1.6 utility on my Razr Maxx to root my GB phone. I then downloaded, installed and registered Titanium Pro. As mentioned, I'm running GB and want to keep it that way. Yesterday the OTA update for ICS downloaded and I delayed the installation. From what I've read, I will continue to get reminders, at different intervals, indefinitely, until such time I apply the update. I do not want to do that, as I like what I have with GB now. I've read mentions that there's something I can do, now that I'm rooted, to turn off those update reminders. I also have ES-File Explorer installed. Can someone jog my memory as to what I have to do to 1) stop the reminders and 2) remove the downloaded update from my phone? Thanks in advance.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Clear phones cache from recovery, power off phone, holding the volume up and down and press the power button. Volume down to recovery and volume up to select it, choose the wipe cache and when that is done reboot. Update off phone now.

Freeze the updater.apk with Titanium Backup and it won't check for update anymore.

Reaction score
Clear phones cache from recovery, power off phone, holding the volume up and down and press the power button. Volume down to recovery and volume up to select it, choose the wipe cache and when that is done reboot. Update off phone now.

Freeze the updater.apk with Titanium Backup and it won't check for update anymore.

Thanks. Will any of that wipe out anything or mess with my configs or settings?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks. Will any of that wipe out anything or mess with my configs or settings?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No doing the cache will not do that, if you accidently do a user data wipe that will mess you up. So don't do that one :)

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Last question. When you say "Clear phones cache from recovery" is that done by the steps you outlined or is that seperate thing to do? If seperate, how would I do that?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OK, thanks. Last question. When you say "Clear phones cache from recovery" is that done by the steps you outlined or is that seperate thing to do? If seperate, how would I do that?

Yep those steps I outlined.

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. I've been spending the last hour or so trying to find out how to maneuver myself around TB to get that updater.apk frozen. It appears TB has a pretty big learning curl, considering all that it does.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Open TiBu and click on the Backup/Restore tab on the top of the menu bar. Scroll down to Updater and press on it and hit freeze.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Mine shows Updater 4.0.4-52 and Upgrader 1.0.0, I think it is the Updater one.

Reaction score
No, I don't have that, just the Upgrader 1.0.0. Universal Inbox 2.3.6 is listed above it and usb 1.1 below it. Is there a setting on IB that maybe has to be enabled or something?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No, I don't have that, just the Upgrader 1.0.0. Universal Inbox 2.3.6 is listed above it and usb 1.1 below it. Is there a setting on IB that maybe has to be enabled or something?

No I have all default settings on TiBu. I am on the .215 leak though they might have changed something from GB to ICS. I am not sure I remember what it was on ICS.

It might be that upgrader but I could have sworn when I was on GB it was updater.