[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

leftspin

Reaction score
I have read though the whole thread. Downloaded the first zip file on the list. started the process of recoverying 181, everything was going good untill, i think was the end, and got failed entries due to low battery. I know I should have checked, it stoped and asked for me to select an item or push enter. My question is what would be the next step?

If you can't boot into the OS give this a shot Charge Your Battery Without A Special Cable Or Taking The Phone Apart! - DroidRzr.com

Shadowlord

Reaction score
The question was referring to the recovery. Do I need to reload the file again or what. I know how bad this could turn out, I just want to do the right thing without brinking it.

leftspin

Reaction score
You can't do anything until you charge the battery. Doing the right thing without bricking it would be charging it and then trying the fastboot again with sufficient charge.

Reaction score
Foods I agree. The instructions are very brief. Not a all detailed. Back in the day of first Gen Verizon DROID rom devs always included detail to the tee with pictures. It would be nice for devs to continue a good effort at keeping it simple for noons. I my self am not novice at this just trying to get past this 4g problem. I'm currently downloads g the update to. 211 and afterwards am going to despot and get my rom back. That for all the help from people with detailed write ups like the one attached to this post. Later

the 4G fluctuation is a known issue with the RAZR on the .173 and .181 versions. going to ICS should help. and as far as the utility goes and booting into fastboot, there's a fuction directly in the utility to boot into fastboot from debugging. seems easy enough for me. My razr was the first phone I ever rooted and ROMed on my own and the utility just takes some common sense and reading. Plus if you need support the experts here are happy to help. Or would be if the work they spend TONS of time on didn't get criticized by every person that can't figure every little thing out.

Reaction score
I've been using droid forums for several years and never really posted many questions or answers. Anywho, I became mildly experienced with rooting android phones and rooted my Razr using the DROIDRAZRROOT method. I then activated my old samsung fascinate to get the update because it had been misplaced for a while. I tried to reactivate my Razr and found out the sim card had become a dud because of the activation. I am trying to use droidrazrutility.zip from the website to unroot my phone and it says "cannot find the specified path" although I have the drivers and the device manager say Mot Single ADB Interface. I am wondering if I can activate my phone whilst rooted, or unroot it using some other method. Also I am wondering if this new DroidRazrUtility 1.6 will do the trick.

the activation is only going to consist of a new SIM from the store. shouldn't be an issue at all. if you're worried you can install ota rootkeeper and temp unroot it for the activation.

monkey_man

Reaction score
I read the whole posts in this thread. I had problem with SU that forced me to go back and used option #1. That Bootloop scared me to death! Anyways I did the whole process and all seems fine now thanks again :). I have one quick quetion. During the installation of returning phone to stock, there is one option where I have to wait till the phone screen come back up before I press any key to continue. I don't think I waited for the screen to come back up, and hastily press to continue on :blink:. Will this be a problem for me? Thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
I read the whole posts in this thread. I had problem with SU that forced me to go back and used option #1. That Bootloop scared me to death! Anyways I did the whole process and all seems fine now thanks again :). I have one quick quetion. During the installation of returning phone to stock, there is one option where I have to wait till the phone screen come back up before I press any key to continue. I don't think I waited for the screen to come back up, and hastily press to continue on :blink:. Will this be a problem for me? Thanks

Nah, it'll just say "waiting for device" until the screen actually comes back on. I did the same thing a couple times by accident, no big deal.

Shadowlord

Reaction score
Leftspin, thanks for the help last night but the phone is not going well. It is locked with status code 0. I charged it for 5 hours and it still is failing due to low battery. Any more suggestions before I try a verizon store for factory settings?

leftspin

Reaction score
Leftspin, thanks for the help last night but the phone is not going well. It is locked with status code 0. I charged it for 5 hours and it still is failing due to low battery. Any more suggestions before I try a verizon store for factory settings?

You followed the instructions in the thread I linked you to? And got the charging screen and left it to charge there? If that's the case the only thing I can say is keep trying to charge it. Even the Verizon store can't do anything without the battery being charged unless they have a factory programming cable handy (it's a cable that will charge the battery no matter what state the phone is in).

monkey_man

Reaction score
That surely makes me happy to know! Thanks Leftspin :)BTW, I have few things I need to ask in order to prevent future bootlooping.1. Is the SU pre-installed with the root can't uninstalled? If it can, how should I perform it safely? I had a bootloop when I tried to update latest SU version.2. Is there a way to change cpu speed down once I use overclock?Thanks!

leftspin

Reaction score
monkey_man said:
That surely makes me happy to know! Thanks Leftspin :)BTW, I have few things I need to ask in order to prevent future bootlooping.1. Is the SU pre-installed with the root can't uninstalled? If it can, how should I perform it safely? I had a bootloop when I tried to update latest SU version.2. Is there a way to change cpu speed down once I use overclock?Thanks!

You can uninstall superuser, but I wouldn't while you're rooted. If you unroot it should uninstall it for you. There's also a difference between the SU app and the binary. Updating the binary is probably what caused the bootloop.

And yes, you can underclock as well, it's a great way to improve battery life.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Y\Updating the binary is probably what caused the bootloop.

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: You sir nailed it right. I did update the binary to 3.1. It was fine tho until I uninstalled SU, so I didn't suspect it at first as the main culprit. Am I not allowed to update binary then?

leftspin

Reaction score
monkey_man said:
:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: You sir nailed it right. I did update the binary to 3.1. It was fine tho until I uninstalled SU, so I didn't suspect it at first as the main culprit. Am I not allowed to update binary then?

I've been having problems with updating the binary on ICS, I'm not sure what the deal with it is though. I've actually been unable to update the binary at all, then again I'm on a custom ROM. It probably isn't good to uninstall superuser though.