Droid RAZR rooted but still shows # of hidden apps

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently rooted my Droid RAZR, but now it says 40 hidden apps when I have actually 10 hidden. Is there any way to clear this up? I have a feeling I should have unhide all the apps first then uninstalled all my bloatware :/

Thanks

techgov8

Reaction score
Did you uninstall your bloat completely or just rename the apk? I just freeze all my apps I want hidden that way I can always defrost them and update with no problems

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi, yes I uninstalled all my bloat with root uninstaller, I also uninstalled every yahoo app man that was a mistake lol, I'm lucky I fixed that or my contacts would not work. Yeah I guess now I'm stuck with it showing the hidden apps :/ Say If I unroot my phone do the apps come back? I'm guessing no?

techgov8

Reaction score
No you'll have to do that fastboot recovery I think to get them back. Otherwise when a OTA update comes out you wont be able to do it

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Oh ok I see, I just saw how to use fastboot recovery I think I'll leave it for now. So you mean when Ice Cream Sandwich becomes available for razr I won't be able to update to it because my phone is rooted? If so then I will have to download a hacked version of it.

techgov8

Reaction score
No not because your rooted but because you don't have the original bloatware that the phone had installed from stock

OP
T1125P

T1125P

Reaction score
Thanks, I will leave it then won't bother me too much. I hope ice cream sandwich gets released this month I wanna try it out.