Droid RAZR Rooted and LCD Broken

Aychpkay

Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker, in need of some DF help!

So I received my RAZR a few months ago and rooted it as soon as I got it. I decided on using the website "Droidrazrroot.com" and installed the "motofail" root.

After a series of events, my LCD cracked and I am being forced to send my phone in for repair.

I do not have insurance and I'm willing to foot the $125 fix (It'll take 5-7 days for a turnaround :mad: but oh well)

My concern is, when they fix the screen will they penalize me for having my phone rooted? I cannot see the screen and unsure on how to unroot my device without actually using the screen.

Is there some way I can do all of the unrooting actions needed by hooking up my phone and doing everything just on my computer or is there some input needed on the phone itsself? (I had a Droid Inc that I was able to just use a few button presses to unroot without needing to see the screen)

Thanks in advance for your help, this one's kicking me in the @#$!

Trash Can

Reaction score
After a series of events, my LCD cracked and I am being forced to send my phone in for repair.

I do not have insurance and I'm willing to foot the $125 fix (It'll take 5-7 days for a turnaround :mad: but oh well)

My concern is, when they fix the screen will they penalize me for having my phone rooted? I cannot see the screen and unsure on how to unroot my device without actually using the screen.

As long as you're not claiming any type of insurance/warranty fraud, which it sounds like you're not, I really don't think Motorola cares what you do with your phone. You're problem is broken hardware, and that's what you're paying them to fix. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.