Droid Razr ROMS and gorilla glass

makilavelli

Reaction score
Man....love the video, but I don't get it. It can survive that, but can't survive my pocket or being wiped by my shirt. I have a series of very fine scratches on the phone that are only visible when the light hits it just right, but it's annoying nonetheless.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man....love the video, but I don't get it. It can survive that, but can't survive my pocket or being wiped by my shirt. I have a series of very fine scratches on the phone that are only visible when the light hits it just right, but it's annoying nonetheless.

????

So you don't know they are there unless the light hits them right, but that annoys you? :D

makilavelli

Reaction score
I know how ridiculous it sounds..lol! I also have another one on there that wasn't noticeable at first to the naked eye, but over the last two weeks is visible both when the phone is on (really shows on bright pages) or off. It almost looks like a crack, but couldn't feel anything when i ran my finger across it. I treat my Razr like it's the holy grail so I can't understand how it showed up. Always in the pocket by itself and clear of anything when it's on the counter or nighstand charging.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know how ridiculous it sounds..lol! I also have another one on there that wasn't noticeable at first to the naked eye, but over the last two weeks is visible both when the phone is on (really shows on bright pages) or off. It almost looks like a crack, but couldn't feel anything when i ran my finger across it. I treat my Razr like it's the holy grail so I can't understand how it showed up. Always in the pocket by itself and clear of anything when it's on the counter or nighstand charging.

I'd get a screen protector. That's the best way to prevent scratches.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'd get a screen protector. That's the best way to prevent scratches.

Agreed. I prefer my Steinheil Ultra Fine screen protector to a bare screen as there's no glare and it's fingerprint resistant.

People talk like Gorilla glass is scratch proof but you never see them test it with sand because it would scratch and sand / grit is what's in your pocket or on the ground if it falls face down.

OP
J

jae480

Reaction score

Yeah the Droid Razr is very scratch resistant however, it is not scratch proof. So it is possible to get scratches on your phone which is why I put a screen protector on mine. :) I personally prefer the Zagg Screen protector because it comes with a limited lifetime warranty and to me it feels really good.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those fine scratches you are seeing are NOT scratches on the glass itself, it's on the antiglare coating they are putting on these phones lately, my HTC Incredible has been bare since I owned it "got it when it first came out" and my screen has not one scuff on it, it's glass is Gorilla glass without the anti glare coating. I am in the construction industry and my phone is around some very rough enviroments with no issues.

makilavelli

Reaction score
Yeah, ended up getting a ZAGG for it as it came highly recommended from my friends due to the warranty and customer service. Not as soft as the naked glass, but looks great, was easy to apply and I can sleep easy knowing it's protected. Put a CaseMate Tough Case on it as well. Held off as long as I could on a case, but having two toddlers who somehow manage to get their hands on "everything" at some point really sealed the deal.

OP
J

jae480

Reaction score
Yeah I really like the Zagg screen protectors :) You know there are these cases made by "Diztronic" on amazon.com and I bought one for like $10. Its kind of like a silicon case and it doesn't add much bulk to our thin Droid Razr's. Also, because of the fact that the case is snug I'd say its more toddler proof.

v13tryceboi

Reaction score
Yeah, ended up getting a ZAGG for it as it came highly recommended from my friends due to the warranty and customer service. Not as soft as the naked glass, but looks great, was easy to apply and I can sleep easy knowing it's protected. Put a CaseMate Tough Case on it as well. Held off as long as I could on a case, but having two toddlers who somehow manage to get their hands on "everything" at some point really sealed the deal.

Went to BestBuy to get a ZAGG screen protector... guy said not to put it on razr because the coating on the gorilla glass doesnt allow the adhesive to stick... anyone heard the same thing or having problems with their ZAGG? (this might be because best buy uses the spray on protector... or theyre idiots)

makilavelli

Reaction score
Haha...well, hate to name call....but...they're idiots. ZAGG wouldn't be producing phone-specific shields and Best Buy wouldn't be swearing by them if they didn't adhere to them. I have one on mine and went on perfectly. Even applied it myself although Best Buy gives you the option to have it installed there. Gives the screen a glossy finish with a little bit of texture, but still nice and soft and from watching several videos/movies I can tell you that it really doesn't take away from the screen.

satarecah

Reaction score
i have the defender series case with their screen protecter popped out to use my zagg screen sheild :p

OP
J

jae480

Reaction score
Went to BestBuy to get a ZAGG screen protector... guy said not to put it on razr because the coating on the gorilla glass doesnt allow the adhesive to stick... anyone heard the same thing or having problems with their ZAGG? (this might be because best buy uses the spray on protector... or theyre idiots)

I got my Droid Razr a few weeks ago and bought my Zagg screen protector from RadioShack. The sales associate there used the spray that comes inside the Zagg screen protector packaging. He applied the screen protector on for free and he didn't mention anything about the screen protector not sticking to the screen and like I said earlier the Zagg screen protector comes with a limited life time warrenty but apparently you have to register your screen protector on their website or something. My screen protector doesn't show any signs of coming off so I don't know what the Best Buy associate was talking about. If anyone does buy a Zagg screen protector I would recommend Radio Shack or Amazon.com because they tend to be cheaper there than Best Buy.