Droid Razr -- Problems with Bluetooth in Toyota Sienna

smileypv

Reaction score
What is the right title for this ball of first-world frustration?

Essential facts:
1) I've had my Droid Razr for 13 months.
2) I use Verizon.
3) I drive a 2011 Toyota Sienna.

Before the last update, I could make and receive phone calls and use my Amazon Cloud Player in my car via the Bluetooth capability. Ever since the update, I can't make or receive calls and my Amazon Cloud Player works inconsistently. I am constantly unpairing and repairing my phone in my Sienna to get it to work and even then it's inconsistent. A Google search has turned up nothing. I don't think it's the car because nothing has changed there so it has to be the phone.

Can you suggest fixes for this? This issue basically has rendered the Bluetooth useless.

Thanks!

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
I also had problems with pairing my raxr max with my Camry. Toyota said it was Verizon and Verizon said it was Toyota. After many hours and frustration I decided to reduce the problem to a know status by doing a factory reset. The Bluetooth and RAZR max behaved at that point. I then started to reload all of the downloaded programs to see if the two systems continued to behave. It has continued to work for me. I know that I did not reload all programs I had previously installed but got everything I needed. In my opinion it was not a Toyota or a Verizon problem but probably a third party that modified something either intentionally or walked over some code.