1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Razr Problem DownLoading Apps....will only download on WIFI....

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by TeresaHighsmith, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TeresaHighsmith

TeresaHighsmith New Member

I can't download any apps without WIFI connection....not sure why...the previous Droid I own always loaded apps thru the 3G/4G....any suggestions on this problem...I'm not always able to connect to a WIFI connection......I now have the Droid Razr....
  2. todroid

todroid New Member

Can you check your data saver settings in the Data Manager? It may be that your data saver setting for the Market is preventing 3G/4G use.
    2 people like this.
  3. TeresaHighsmith

TeresaHighsmith New Member

Thanks for the help..thats what the probem was...Verizon told me to set up all them settings to save the battery time...never thought about that blocking the WIFI...should have ask months ago.....again thanks for your help.....:icon_ lala:
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Welcome teresahighsmith :) VZW means well, but unfortunately they occasionally cause more problems by suggesting things that can cause the end user to experience things they are not prepared for. Luckily for you, you found this site and todroid quickly recognized the "problem" but think about the hundreds and thousands of others who are having less than a great experience because of VZW suggestions and just figure thats the way things are. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you and then your comment got my attention :)
  5. todroid

todroid New Member

No problem! Being an unofficial "Android Tech Support" guy at my job, I was lucky to encounter this issue on a Droid X.
    But I'm disturbed that now Verizon is encouraging that setting. I can see this being a MAJOR issue for someone who only uses 3/4G and does not have access to WIFI. I just hope Verizon techs can recognize this issue when a customer returns to the store with a "non-functional" phone...
  6. cwforrest

cwforrest New Member

http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingDroid.gif
    Such a simple solution to this problem. After a week of scouring google and Verizon people, in activating data saver was all that was needed. THANKS to brilliant people!
Search tags for this page
android will only download apps on wifi
apps not downloading on razr m

can't download apps on droid razr

cant download apps on droid razr
cant download apps without wifi
driod razr wont download apps
droid razr m wont download apps

droid razr not downloading apps

droid razr will not download apps

droid razr wont download apps

my droid razr wont download apps