Droid Razr Otter Box WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

lju64

Reaction score
After I started using the Otter Box I realized my phone kept losing service. Standing still I would randomly go from full 4G to no service. The Otter Box caused my phone and SIM card to overheat. Once I removed the Otter Box, my phone went back to normal. I hope this stops someone from wasting $30.

fireman00

Reaction score
I've been using a Commuter on my MAXX for 3 months with no issues.

OP
L

lju64

Reaction score
I have a Commuter too. I don't know why it makes mine overheat. I take it off then my phone works fine. I put it back on, then after an hour or so I start experiencing problems again. I don't have the MAXX though.

ROLLTIDE1

Reaction score
I have been using a defender for months and have no problems and it's a great case

Trash Can

Reaction score
I have a Commuter on my Maxx and my wife has one on her Razr. Neither of us are experiencing anything abnormal.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Had a Commuter on my OG Razr since before I walked out of the store, and had one on my MAXX since I got it a couple months ago. No issues what so ever.

Skipholiday

Reaction score
seems the op's device has issues. we have 3 razr's , 2 in defenders and one in commuter with no issues,
this post should be deleted. it sheds negative light on one of the best cases on the market.
:blink:

nikecar

Reaction score
I have a commuter. If I watch many videos or nonstop games or if while charging it the display stays on, then it might get warmer. But not having any issue. I'd wager millions have gotten some form of otterbox without problem.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a commuter on my RAZR and I've never had any problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have defenders on every one of my devices and have no issues :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Skipholiday said:
seems the op's device has issues. we have 3 razr's , 2 in defenders and one in commuter with no issues,
this post should be deleted. it sheds negative light on one of the best cases on the market.

Why would you remove information that might help someone in the future based on a sample size of 3?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It could very well be a combination of factors with the case being a contributing factor but not the only factor. I do know the one time my phone was overheating, I immediately took off the case and it helped it cool faster. But the real reason it was overeating was not the case but I was in an area with no data service and the phone was frantically trying to connect to something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Trash Can

Reaction score

I disagree. The purpose of this forum is to share information. Sometimes the info is good, other times it's not, but at least we have a venue to discuss and resolve various issues. The only reason a post should ever be taken down is if it violates this forum's Terms of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.