1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Razr(orginal) with root transfered to new Droid Razr Maxx HD. NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by garrettg06, Jan 31, 2013.

1. garrettg06

garrettg06 New Member

Hi there I'm in a bit of confusion. I have a original Droid Razr that has the Android version 4.0.4. The phone is rooted with droidrazrroot and has the superuser app and Bionic Bootstrapp app as well. So I just bought a clean Droid Razr Maxx HD and I popped sim card in and everything worked fine. After looking into the apps that were on the phone I noticed both superuser app and Bionic Bootstrapp app were on the phone. So i immediately tired to see if the hotspot would work. And it did. No message came up saying some charges might apply..?? So is my phone rooted? Did it the root transfer to my new Droid Razr Maxx HD?

Here is another question I have for the pros.. I also checked to see what Android version was running on my Droid Razr Maxx HD and it was 4.0.4. So now im really confused. Shouldn't it be the new Jelly Bean? Also my Droid Razr Maxx HD is asking to update. Should I do that or will it brick? I guess bottom line is that Id like my new phone to be rooted like my other one. Any help on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

It shouldn't be rooted unless you bought it that way. What probably happened is your Google account backed up the SU app and restored it on your account. Download root checker basic from the play store to verify root.

Also it is a good thing you are still on 4.0.4. It is the only thing that can be rooted for the HD. You then have to protect root through the JB update. In settings - about phone - updates is it asking to update the 6mb one or the 250+ mb one? If its the 6mb take it but if its the big one wait. Check the development section for a root tool. Before you root delete SU and whatever other root apps you have installed. Root, download voodoo ota rootkeeper, protect root, temp unroot, take the JB update then open voodoo and restore root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. garrettg06

garrettg06 New Member

Yep just downloaded root checker basic and its not rooted. So there not a root for the 4.1.1?... What is the best root to use also? Do I keep both superuser and bionic bootstrapp?

Thank you for your help thus far!
  4. GoCliffGo05

If you don't want to download the utility, use this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2374725

There is no root for 4.1.1. You have to carry it over. Delete super user because the root method will install that for you. Bionic bootstrap won't do you any good on the RAZR.

5. garrettg06

garrettg06 New Member

Thanks For help thus far.. Been a ton of help.

I went to root my Maxx HD so first I deleted the superuser on the phone and bionic bootstrapp. Then I followed all the direction on that link you sent me... I also download the drivers as well before trying to root. It went through all the steps and the last step were it reboots, it never rebooted.... any thoughts on what going on with it. Oh it did vibrate twice once it said it was rooted. I also check with the root checker it it says its not rooted. Any help will greatly be appreciated.
  6. GoCliffGo05

Hmm. Did it install SU again or is it just like normal? In settings - developer options do you have USB debugging checked? In settings - security do you have unknown sources checked? If yes to both, delete SU. Turn the phone off, hold volume up + volume down + power until you see a black screen with white letters. Scroll (using volume down) to recovery and press volume up to select it. At the dead android screen press volume up + volume down simoutaneously once. This is stock recovery scroll down to wipe cache and press power to select it. Reboot and try root again.

7. GoCliffGo05

Search tags for this page

android root carry over to new phone

how do you root a droid razor maxx on su

how to download transfer original droid to razr hd

remove superuser from droid razr maxx