Droid Razr not charging?

majp89

Reaction score
Well, not all of the title is true. It will only charge when I put it into sleep mode, in which it goes into battery charging mode. However, whenever I charge it and try to use it at the same time, it doesn't increase the percentage at all. In fact, the charge % increases in 10 percent intervals. I have had the phone on the charger for the last 3 hours and until I went into the sleep mode, it didn't charge it at all. Is this normal for the new Razrs?

FYI, it is a black 16GB model and is not the MAXX.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
From your other post...

Whenever I use the Razr and use it normally while on the charger, it doesn't charge. Every single phone I have had in the past I could use it and watch it charge as I use it. It will only charge while it is in sleep mode. And when it charges, it doesn't go at 1 percent at a time; it goes in 10 percent intervals. I had it on the charger not in sleep mode for almost an hour and a half and it didn't gain one percent. Please help!!

RAZRs only display battery levels in 10% increments by design. There are apps you can get which will allow you to see the level in 1% increments. Try Bada$$ Battery Monitor. It not only gives you the 1% increments but also shows detailed information about battery usage.

I have used my RAZR while charging almost every night and although it doesn't charge quickly it does charge. The only thing that I do that may be different from your own experience is that I am on WiFi while charging which uses less battery power than either 3G or 4G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Amionwi

Reaction score
I've noticed that my RAZR may not charge when plugged into computer, or car charger, laptop or anything that is not the wall charger. I assume it doesn't get enough charge for it to go as fast as a wall charger. I do notice it takes FOREVER for the charge to get up past 20% but then almost no time at all to get to full battery. Very odd :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Something u guys may try is turning the phone off when u charge it. I charge mine overnight and I was getting terrible battery life... turned the phone off 2 nights ago to charge and now my phone is a rock star again....

sent from my RAZR MAXX