1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Razr not charging?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by majp89, Feb 19, 2012.

1. majp89

majp89 New Member

Well, not all of the title is true. It will only charge when I put it into sleep mode, in which it goes into battery charging mode. However, whenever I charge it and try to use it at the same time, it doesn't increase the percentage at all. In fact, the charge % increases in 10 percent intervals. I have had the phone on the charger for the last 3 hours and until I went into the sleep mode, it didn't charge it at all. Is this normal for the new Razrs?

FYI, it is a black 16GB model and is not the MAXX.
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

From your other post...

RAZRs only display battery levels in 10% increments by design. There are apps you can get which will allow you to see the level in 1% increments. Try Bada$$ Battery Monitor. It not only gives you the 1% increments but also shows detailed information about battery usage.

I have used my RAZR while charging almost every night and although it doesn't charge quickly it does charge. The only thing that I do that may be different from your own experience is that I am on WiFi while charging which uses less battery power than either 3G or 4G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. Amionwi

Amionwi New Member

I've noticed that my RAZR may not charge when plugged into computer, or car charger, laptop or anything that is not the wall charger. I assume it doesn't get enough charge for it to go as fast as a wall charger. I do notice it takes FOREVER for the charge to get up past 20% but then almost no time at all to get to full battery. Very odd :)
  4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Something u guys may try is turning the phone off when u charge it. I charge mine overnight and I was getting terrible battery life... turned the phone off 2 nights ago to charge and now my phone is a rock star again....

sent from my RAZR MAXX
Search tags for this page
droid razor will not charge
droid razr battery will not charge past 90 percent
droid razr charging issues

droid razr maxx not charging

droid razr maxx not charging past 20
droid razr maxx will not charge

droid razr not charging

droid razr not charging past 20%
droid razr will not charge
motorola droid razr not charging