Droid RAZR MAXX won't turn on!

amy335

Reaction score
First of all, it is a pleasure to be here-I've never joined a forum before! I couldn't even find how to post my question, so I'm unfortunatley going to do it here. I promise to venture around the site more tomorrow, but it is getting late here, and I desperately need help. My Droid shut itself off (I think), anyway-it is completely black & I cannot turn it back on. It was at least 50-60% charged when this happened, but I know sometime the battery can drain really fast for no apparent reason to me, so I have had it charging for 4 1/2 hours and still nothing! Is there some kind of trick to turn it back on like there is to turn it off when it freezes?? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me----I DREAD going to the Verizon store to try to fix this, and I need my phone!! Amy

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Try this, hold the power button and the volume down button down at the same time, just keep holding them for 10-15 seconds. See if that does it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
amy335

amy335

Reaction score
Thanks

Actually, I had already tried that... did not work, but I tried it again anyway-still didn't work. then I thought to myself it holding the power button & the volume down button usually turn off a frozen phone, why not try holding the power button with the volume up button? IT WORKED!!!! Is this something I should be worried about, or is this a "normal" issue for this phone?:hail:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't know how that would've worked.. odd.

I think you need to calibrate your battery meter. Is the device charged to 100% now? Use it now until it goes down to the 15% low battery warning, power it off and charge it to 100% again. Then you're good to go :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad it turned back on for you.. are you using smart actions battery extender? How about the task manager?? Set every single app you have to auto kill. Then when the phone times out, screen off, it will kill all unnecessary apps after 2 mins.

Use these two things and your device will work smoother and longer :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I suggest that now since you have control of the phone, you manually power it off by pressing and holding Power, then selecting "Power off" from the menu. Once done, plug the charger into the phone (the stock Motorola Charger and stock Motorola Cable), and allow it to self-boot into "Charge only" mode. You will see it start first with the red M logo, then eventually you'll see a large animated battery with floating "liquid" level and a percentage of charge will show in numerical representation. Allow it to continue and it will go black in about 10 seconds, but will continue charging. You will want to allow it to charge to 100%. To check where it is in the charging process, tap either the up or down volume buttons briefly. In about 3 seconds you'll see the battery again, and then after 10 seconds it will go off again as before.

Once it reaches 100%, disconnect it and power it up normally. Once on, go ahead and use it normally, but watch the battery level and as it gets near 15%, make sure to be near a charger. Once it hits 15% and displays the "Low battery" warning, power it down and then repeat the charging process with power off as above. This 1,2,3 process should be performed about every 2-3 months. This will assure the meter is accurately representing the actual battery charge level, and not telling you that you have 50%-60% when it may be only minutes away from powering down due to a dead battery.

Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
amy335

amy335

Reaction score
Thank you everybody! I do have the smart actions set and task killer set to kill all apps. It is now charged to 100% and will let it discharge and follow your remaining advice. I really can't thank you enough. How do you become so knowledgeable about all this stuff...there's so much! I am so grateful for people like you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you everybody! I do have the smart actions set and task killer set to kill all apps. It is now charged to 100% and will let it discharge and follow your remaining advice. I really can't thank you enough. How do you become so knowledgeable about all this stuff...there's so much! I am so grateful for people like you.

We do it all for you, Amy! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum Amy! Glad your got your phone back on! :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums ...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Glad to see you were able to get back on track :biggrin:

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Glad you got your phone working again!

salter1

Reaction score
94LT1 Moderator is a genius...simultaneously holding power & volume down buttons worked for me!! thnx!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
94LT1 Moderator is a genius...simultaneously holding power & volume down buttons worked for me!! thnx!!

:D Thanx. Its called a soft boot or a simulated battery pull :)

Thanx for the kind words :) glad you got it figured out.

I learned it all here. And you can too ;)