Droid Razr Maxx released already

satarecah

Reaction score
Little thicker device with a bigger battery is not enough to get me upset. I'm happy with battery life and how thin the device is.

Now come out with a Quad Core and new screen technology on the MAXX and then there is an issue :) Not even the least bit upset.

Ill say it again i love you same here untill a droid comes out with quad im not upset the very least i just wish gameloft or some people would go "hey maybe we should make our brand new graphical games for the razr duuuur" lol seems like alot apps are still not available for the razr >.> im happy with my dual core device till quad core is main stream

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Wait, are you telling me a mobile device manufacturer came out with a newer model of one of their devices?

NOOOO!!!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!!!

I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.
+1:rating10:Hey guys be thankful that Moto is not like (I hate to even type it) APPLE or Blackberry who comes out with a new device maybe every 12 months or so. In the not to distant future we're going to be looking to upgrade to a better more capable phone. We all benefit by Moto "pushing the outside of the envelope" and staying competitive in this fast moving market...it only benefits us in the long run. I just wish they had purple when I bought my Razr on 11.11.11...NOT.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.

This is extremely insensitive and insulting and this sort of response needs to stop. In my case I've spent virtually my entire career in the tech sector and that encompasses 30 years including working for many of the top tech companies and being an author of a best-selling tech sector book series. In other words, I know this industry well so you can take your insults and put them where they belong--under the uninformed rock where you drudged them up from.

I'm miffed about this not because I'm ignorant enough to not understand that companies release new products but that, in the face of a clear concern--their first device of the genre without an upgradeable battery and clear concerns from their customers about said design--that they showed their own belief in the product I bought from them by releasing and hyping a nearly-identical product that clearly is designed to help offset those very concerns. In other words, this product stands as clear evidence of the belief that the original product has design issues. Had this product come about in 6 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I've been on the bleeding edge most of my life and used many products long before any typical consumer could hope to get their hands on them. I know what buying early means but this is simply a direct insult to everyone who bought a RAZR less than 8 weeks ago. There is absolutely zero doubt that Motorola knew this product was in the pipeline and said absolutely nothing to anyone about it. The reason they didn't is they knew it would mean many people would wait but waiting was simply not an option for them. Instead, they had to have this product out there for Christmas--customers be damned.

Last edited:

satarecah

Reaction score
Could we stop tossing insults back and forth and talk like civilzed adults on the topic? Im waiting for a spec list i want to see if cpu or ram is diff

Droidxskywalker

Reaction score
I know that there's a way to open the DROID RAZR by prying the Kevlar backing. If I remember right, once you pry it off, the battery should be right there. I saw a video on youtube I think it was where they took out the battery. But don't attempt DROID surgery unless you know what you're doing, and also just like rooting, prying it open will void the warranty. But it will save you time and money if you are able to get the battery out yourself. It's a very useful thing to know, especially if you need to do a battery pull or change it. It's easier than taking the iPhone battery out. But I love my DROIDX, and I'm very loyal to the DROIDX series

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jdroid80

Reaction score
We all knew battery wasn't upgradeable or designed to be removeable. We had choices of the Bionic and GNEX. With that said, my wife's been waiting for her Feb upgrade (mine was Nov) and after the GNEX and Maxx release she'll still probably get the RAZR(1), and I'll be keeping mine.

Just a thought, the RAZR(1)'s back comes off pretty easily, I wonder if people will be able to switch out the Maxx's back piece/battery with the RAZR(1)'s.. Just a thought.

Droidxskywalker

Reaction score
Also I saw in the video that the DROID RAZR's battery has a pull tab in it, just like my X does. So it's easily removed once you pry it open and Xpose the battery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I fully understand the quick advancement of technology and the desire for manufacturers to stay ahead of the game. But if I was a RAZR. owner I would be a little more than ticked with this announcement.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

Androidatic

Reaction score
The same way Motorola did with the D2. I'm done with Motorola. Samsung is getting my money for once.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Don't buy a Samsung. If anything, get an HTC. I can write a laundry list of reasons to stay away from Samsung phones. I won't do it here to avoid angering the GN crowd but I'll PM you if you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I fully understand the quick advancement of technology and the desire for manufacturers to stay ahead of the game. But if I was a RAZR. owner I would be a little more than ticked with this announcement.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

I'm not mad, it's only a different battery and mine is fine. I would be pissed if it was the Chinese model with a better processor, camera and screen.

Last edited:

satarecah

Reaction score

Tap'd from my G'Nex

Why if its just a bigger battery i could care less i love being thinner and lighter my battery last me a full day as of right now with no game use so why would i need a bigger one lol? and if i do i got my recharge pack that is starting to collect dust. Its verizon's answer to all the cry babies going "my droid razr dies after i play a game for an hour :'(" and in two years ill be getting a new phone with better stuff anyways :\ so its not like if something comes out that isnt drastic im going to care, Quad core would be a big deal for me :p but.... untill we get newer battery tech i don't see quad being possible since dualcore eats battery pretty good.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
cool when can I get one? More memory, more battery, any boost in processor speed?
My update is still weeks away.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good new for folks not wanting to spend $300+ for a device...

WOOHOO the razr will be 149 in no time....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...