Droid Razr Maxx - photos look very different when copied to PC

hoojaa

Reaction score
Hi

Had a search and couldn't see a fix to this: I've taken some photos I'm pretty happy with on my Droid Razr Maxx. I copied them to my PC and they just look completely different, the colours aren't as vivid and the contrast is reduced making them look washed out. Basically they've gone from dramatic to pretty boring. In particular there's one photo, a person in white, at night, under a yellow light, against a dark background - excellent on the phone, but the yellow is gone, the shadow is gone, and it's just an ordinary photo of a guy in greyish-white when viewed on the PC.

I can only think of 2 causes:

1. I took these photos using the 'low light' setting, and the phone remembers this and is applying a filter to the photos when I view them - a filter that is not applied when the photo is not on the phone.
2. The screen of the phone itself is naturally high on colour and contrast, way more than an ordinary PC screen.

Photos where the lighting is better are less affected, but you can still just about see a difference. I put the photos in an editing program and have found that if I up saturation and contrast I can get something close to the phone image, but not quite. I like the camera on the Maxx but it's a total waste if I don't know how they'll look when I've copied them elsewhere. All camera/screen settings are on default, I haven't changed anything.

Is there a solution to this? Does someone have the exact settings needed to convert these photos to look the way they do on the phone, or is there a process/app that can copy them across to my PC looking the same?

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Hi

Had a search and couldn't see a fix to this: I've taken some photos I'm pretty happy with on my Droid Razr Maxx. I copied them to my PC and they just look completely different, the colours aren't as vivid and the contrast is reduced making them look washed out. Basically they've gone from dramatic to pretty boring. In particular there's one photo, a person in white, at night, under a yellow light, against a dark background - excellent on the phone, but the yellow is gone, the shadow is gone, and it's just an ordinary photo of a guy in greyish-white when viewed on the PC.

I can only think of 2 causes:

1. I took these photos using the 'low light' setting, and the phone remembers this and is applying a filter to the photos when I view them - a filter that is not applied when the photo is not on the phone.
2. The screen of the phone itself is naturally high on colour and contrast, way more than an ordinary PC screen.

Photos where the lighting is better are less affected, but you can still just about see a difference. I put the photos in an editing program and have found that if I up saturation and contrast I can get something close to the phone image, but not quite. I like the camera on the Maxx but it's a total waste if I don't know how they'll look when I've copied them elsewhere. All camera/screen settings are on default, I haven't changed anything.

Is there a solution to this? Does someone have the exact settings needed to convert these photos to look the way they do on the phone, or is there a process/app that can copy them across to my PC looking the same?

The rzr screen is waayyyy oversaturated. Fail imho.. id pref the washed colors of my bionic to wayyy oversaturated colors. Very over dramatic screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk