Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by pc747, Jun 11, 2012.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,303
    [h=2]My guess on the line up for the fall-winter devices.[/h]
    Lg vu in a few weeks

Iphone 5: Late September

Droid Razr HD/ Maxx: mid October

Sg note 2: Early November

HTC Incredible HD: Push to get it before black friday.. (mid November).

Nexus 2: Mid December.

mid-end LG devices sprinkled in between.​

2. pc747

Ratings:
    +4,303
  3. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Other then waiting to see what HTC has on the 19th which could be awesome if the specs leaked stay true. If not then ima say its a definite on the Note 2. LG could have something up their sleeve but to me its a LG which isn't to big on the development area. The new Nexus, well Idk there's been a lot of talk about a Sony Nexus which could be awesome, I love Sony and the quality.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

4. pc747

Ratings:
    +4,303
  5. mgrande

mgrande Member

Ratings:
    +8
    So was it ever figured out if the HDs have a bait camera? I don't know what that means, just heard others talk about wanting one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

6. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
  7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    That's the Snapdragon S4 Pro, which is an updated quad-core processor. It's not the regular dual-core S4.

I wonder if it's possible that Samsung might use the S4 Pro for some models of the Note 2.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  8. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh OK, well that makes me feel better. I doubt Samsung would do that since thats their own chip. I will say that if this HTC Super phone is true and is a 5", has the S4 Pro, and Adreno 320 then I thank it will smash the Note. I want HP lol.

9. bsweetness

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    I wouldn't be so sure that they won't. They've used the dual-core Qualcomm S4 in the Galaxy S3 not only because of the issues with LTE (which they resolved in the Korean S3 that has LTE and the quad-core Exynos, so it potentially could have been resolved for all), but also because of production. Samsung, who produces a heck of a lot of different things, may not have been able to get the quad-core Exynos into all of the 20 million plus S3's that have been sold in a fast enough amount of time. Qualcomm, who focuses more of their attention on processors than Samsung does, can get theirs done faster. So it might end up being an issue of supply - some versions of the Note 2 could conceivably have one or the other, just like the Galaxy S3. It's not really because Samsung wouldn't want to use their own processors, but just because they can't get enough made in time (and they're hoping to move 10-20 million of the Note 2 before the end of the year).

I'm not sure if that's what will happen, but Samsung has used processors from other companies before (and very recently in several models of their flagship Galaxy S3 in major markets), so it's not unprecedented.

10. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Well yeah I know all that. But personally I thank they use other chips most of the time due to compatibility issues. As far as them not producing enough chips I find that hard to believe. That would be like a car manufacturer not being able to have their engines made for cars which sometimes happens and they have other contracts but usually not the case. Id say Samsung has a own building just for making processor chips 24/7. Other then that I agree with you on the rest.

But hey you may be right about all of it, in the end I hope its not a let down.

11. bsweetness

Ratings:
    +723
    Current Phone Model:
    S7 Edge
    It's not simply the capability of producing it, but also the materials. Don't forget that in the past, Samsung makes components, including some processors, for several of Apple's mobile products, and there's only so much material to go around. If Samsung can make more money by manufacturing some parts for Apple and using parts from other manufacturers in their devices, you'd better believe they're going to do it in many cases. And I think we all know that there's a device flying under the radar right now called the iPhone 5, along with a refreshed iPod Touch, and a rumored iPad mini for next month. To release those devices on the scale that Apple releases them requires a significant portion of the materials that are out there, along with use of manufacturing plants.

They also solved the LTE/quad-core compatibility issue with the Korean S3 that was released in July around the time the U.S. versions were released. Part of the reason for the U.S. versions not receiving that combo was not only the desire to keep the size the same in nearly all of the world (the Korean LTE S3 is slightly thicker than the rest), but also because there wasn't enough time to get the processors manufactured on that large of a scale. They could get enough made for a July release in South Korea, but not for a July release on three carriers in the U.S. (and possibly Canada and Japan) as well.

But of course, pretty much anything we have right now that pertains to any of that is pure speculation at this point. :)

12. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    True about Apple, Samsung making chips and screens for their phone made them tons and then taken in one day by a lawsuit lol. But didn't I read correctly a while back. I thought the new iPhones components was being made by someone else now.

Search tags for this page
cat holding on
cat holdingon thing
clnr motxt907
clnrmotxt907
droid razr maxx call waiting
motorola razr hd
motorola vanquish
motxt907

razr hd